Do you want to change the world? – American Sign Language Interpreter / Translator (Department of Veterans Affairs), Jobs in Reno, NV, at Vancro Incorporated. See more Veterans Affairs Jobs available in your city HERE!
Job Title: American Sign Language Interpreter / Translator (Department of Veterans Affairs)
Company: Vancro Incorporated
Location: Reno, NV
Location: Department of Veterans Affairs, Reno, Nevada
Vancro is currently seeking American Sign Language Specialists to support Department of Veterans Affairs. ASL Interpreters shall provide expert sign language services within the unique environment of healthcare, initiatives, operations, policy and directives that will come from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Details of the position:
Performs as an ASL Interpreter within the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Facility. Provide the full spectrum of sign language services within the VA Medical Center or those visiting the VA. Performs expert sign language interpretation of the English language. Skill in applying this knowledge to difficult and complex work assignments and to the development of new methods, approaches, or procedures and possesses thorough knowledge of and adherence to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct. Participates and translates in round-table, and free flowing discussions and meetings, commemorative programs and award ceremonies, formal presentations, formal and informal inter-office division and directorate meetings, formal and informal inter-office training, teleconferences and Internet based collaborative remote meetings, workshops, projects, training courses, fast pace technology meetings or briefings, personal reviews, evaluations, interviews, and any other personal related meetings. Many conversations are translated simultaneously between English and ASL. Provides assistance to other interpreters both inside/outside the organization on a variety of issues and subjects.
Qualifications and EducationRequired
All Interpreters should have general medical and industry specific terminology knowledge and must be certified through the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) and qualified to provide the following services in various situations in day to day business involving training situation, meetings, counseling and similar employment related situations that may require but not limited to the following:
- Sign simultaneously and/or consecutively from oral spoken English into American Sign Language (ASL), Pidgin Sign English (PSE), Manually Coded English (MCE), Oral, and voice from ASL/PSE to Oral English, using verbatim, conceptually accurate, or idiomatic methods.
- Interpret for deaf/hard of hearing team members engaged in day to day business operations involving meetings, training programs, seminars, technical training classes, presentations, applicant interview processing, performance review applications, orientations, career counseling situations, dispute resolutions, and those involving health safety and security situations.
- Provide interpretation services that involve sensitive situations such as complaints, third party interventions and grievances requiring a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Sign in situations that require simultaneous, uninterrupted platform interpreting and typically involve sensitive high-level staff / dignitaries as special guest speakers such as executive/management groups, director’s meetings, and professional lectures.
- Sign on subject matter ranging from simple statement of fact to complex and specialized terminology relating to the health care industry.
- Professionally voice in spoken English responses by client, whether it be in meetings, technical training classes or presentations.
- Sign on subjects ranging from simple statement of facts to complex and specialized terminology to include coordination of support to our customers and their customers.
- Operate special telephonic communications equipment commonly used to help deaf/hard of hearing individuals.
- Professionallyvoice in spoken English responses that implement technical references to professional fields common in healthcare industries.
- Provideassistance to our customers that involve resolution of various communications issues between the deaf/hard of hearing persons and their supervisors or employees in the workplace.
This position requires a thorough background investigation.
To apply to this job, contact . 610 new jobs found Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration – Reno, NV Incumbent prepares a variety of narrative and tabular material (…Job Title Community Interpreter Location Reno, NV Full-Time/Part Time Part-time Job Description Summary Sorenson Communications is looking for part-time community i…The University recognizes and embraces the critical importance of diversity in preparing students for global citizenship and is committed to a culture of excellence, inclusion, and…
More Veterans Affairs Jobs Openings
View full-time veterans administration jobs, veterans affairs jobs, military veteran jobs, disabled veteran jobs, and veterans assistance jobs. Apply NOW!
Search for jobs available TODAY!