Easy apply for jobs – Urban Planner II, Jobs in San Diego, CA, at AECOM. Read more and apply NOW!
Related Jobs: full-time City San Diego jobs, San Diego IT jobs, UC San Diego jobs, University San Diego jobs, conseling jobs in San Diego, Accountant San Diego jobs, injury attorneys jobs in San Diego, payroll San Diego jobs, and Airport San Diego jobs.
Job Title: Urban Planner II
Location: San Diego, CA
AECOM is currently seeking an junior-level Urban Planner on community land use planning, urban design, entitlement, environmental planning, and permitting projects and documents produced by AECOM. Requires day-to-day communication with colleagues and project managers. This position is designed to give junior-level employees an opportunity to gain professional community planning consulting experience through assisting project managers with both field and office assignments.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Assists clients and project manager(s) in developing and reviewing community planning studies at a variety of scales.
- Assists clients and project manager(s) in reviewing and preparing development applications and entitlement packages
- Assists clients and project manager(s) with the development of meeting and project materials as necessary (e.g., presentation boards, handouts, agendas and schedules)
- Assists clients and project manager(s) in maintaining project records (e.g., electronic filing, basic database management).
- Collects a variety of statistical data and prepares reports, maps and other graphics on topics such as land use, environmental features, transportation, and urban design
- Conducts field evaluations and assessments
- Attends an occasional evening and weekend meetings
- May serve as adjunct planning staff for public agency clients• Interprets and applies applicable government codes, ordinances and regulations
- Acts as a liaison between community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials in developing neighborhood plans.
- Conducts review of various development applications, including plats, permits, site plans, variance requests and rezonings.
- Conducts extensive research in specific or general project areas.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
BA/BS in Urban or Environmental Planning or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Priority professional experience in a public sector community planning agency or consulting firm or in an applicable field of expertise relating to the built environment (e.g., landscape architecture, architecture etc.)
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrate great attention to detail.
- Computer graphics skills, preferably with respect to site and architectural graphics and document layout and graphic design.
- Able to work efficiently and independently but also collaboratively with Project Manager(s), clients, and other staff.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams
- Efficient and organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Recent writing samples and references preferred.
- Prior experience in community or environmental planning preferred.
- GIS and/or other technical software experience (e.g., Microsoft Access, database management) preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of community and environmental planning.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of research and data collection
- Statistical, algebraic, or geometric knowledge and ability to apply such knowledge in practical situations
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and GIS
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
No Requisition/Vacancy No. 226052BR Job Category Sciences Job Summary AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Environmental Planner for immediate employment fo…Senior Environmental Planner & Project Manager San Diego, CA Job Description Join a team of several environmental planners in ICF’s San Diego office located in downtown San D…Senior Environmental Planner & Project Manager San Diego, CA Job Description Join a team of several environmental planners in ICF’s San Diego office located in downtown San D…
More Jobs Openings
Find urgent conseling jobs in San Diego, Accountant San Diego jobs, injury attorneys jobs in San Diego, payroll San Diego jobs, Airport San Diego jobs, City San Diego jobs, San Diego IT jobs, UC San Diego jobs, and University San Diego jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!