Apply Online! – Summit Homes CFO (Chief Financial Officer) – Lee’s Summit, MO, Director of Finance, CFO Chief Financial Officer Jobs in Missouri, at CLAYTON HOMES. Search more jobs in your city.
Job Title: Summit Homes CFO (Chief Financial Officer) – Lee’s Summit, MO
Company: CLAYTON HOMES
Job Details Company Overview
Summit Homes CFO (Chief Financial Officer) – Lee’s Summit, MO
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a key member of the Leadership Team. The primary objective for the CFO is to support the team in achieving its strategic goals and financial objectives by providing timely and accurate financial reporting and forecasting, risk management guidance and strategic vision setting, and leading the overall accounting, budgetary, and treasury operations of the company, including but not limited to cash management, accounting records and reports, and financial analysis. The CFO is the financial conduit between Summit and parent company Clayton Properties Group, Inc. and is responsible for meeting all reporting and financial deadlines and analysis. The CFO exercises leadership in these areas and collaborates in setting and guiding the direction of the company as part of the leadership team.
– Provide vision and leadership in achieving strategic goals and financial objectives.
– Lead the business planning, budgeting, and goal setting processes.
– Prepare and establish treasury requirements in collaboration with Summit leadership team and Clayton leadership team.
– Establish and maintain all necessary reporting and financial analysis tools to accurately manage day to day operation and long-term planning.
– Analyze and update budgets and data monthly or more frequently as needed to satisfy the reporting requirements set by Clayton and the leadership team.
– Lead and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
– Develop and implement performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
– Evaluate new business opportunities including land acquisition and development, new products, and new markets including regional expansion.
– Lead the financial and risk analysis of potential land purchases and proposed land developments, including the preparation and analysis of pro-forma financial statements and the allocation of related expenses.
– Establish policies and procedures for the accounting department to ensure company goals are met and that adequate measures are in place to protect company assets.
– Develop and manage the Accounting budget.
– Manage regulatory exposure and implement risk mitigation policies and procedures assuring the company follows all regulatory and legal requirements.
– Formulate and maintain a documented system of accounting policies, procedures and audit compliance methods.
– Manage non-financial functions including Information Technology, Summit office buildings operations, and human resources.
– Lead the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives and the establishment of a proper set of controls in accordance with GAAP.
– Identify and implement operational best practices.
– Collaborate with and advise construction operations, purchasing and estimating, and land development leadership to achieve company goals and objectives. Develop a thorough understanding of all departments to ensure company is meeting its objectives and goals.
– Speak at team meetings and lead discussions about a variety of topics including financial analysis, business planning, goal setting, and leadership.
– Connect with the local business community and advocate for Summit Homes in the public arena.
– As a member of the Leadership Team, attend necessary meetings with stakeholders.
– Prepare the agenda for Leadership Team Meetings and record minutes of each meeting including action log and decision log items keeping team members accountable to each.
– Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
– Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and Clayton Home Office as required.
– Collaborate with company’s Home Office Accounting Department on tax planning issues and make recommendations to the COO and the President.
– Maintain appropriate insurance coverages for liability, builder’s risk, et. al.
– Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
– Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s Degree in Finance / Accounting or similar.
– Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation preferred.
– Ten years progressively more complex financial management experience including at least 7 years of direct team member management, or combination of necessary experience and education.
– Experience in a public company or a subsidiary company where there is upward accountability preferred.
– Extensive knowledge of all aspects of accounting and finance, with experience in home building, land development or construction a plus.
– Comprehensive experience with management accounting methodology, as well as, GAAP.
– Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite and industry-specific accounting and ERP software such as Timberline, Kova, MarkSystems/IHMS, or Builder MT).
– An experienced leader and financial executive with extensive industry experience.
– A proven ability to connect with and motivate team members.
– An intelligent and articulate individual comfortable with leading discussions and public speaking.
– Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents, contracts, and financial reports.
– Advanced technology knowledge and ability, especially in financial accounting, spreadsheet, and reporting. Should be able to manipulate data in spreadsheets without assistance. Crystal report writing experience preferred.
– A decisive individual who possesses a ‘big picture’ perspective and is well versed in systems and operational excellence models.
– An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
– May lift up to 50 pounds.
– Position does require occasional travel both within the Kansas City market and to other markets including occasional travel to the corporate office in Knoxville, TN and to various conferences throughout the year.
– Position is full-time based in the Summit Homes office.
– Current direct reports: (3) accounting specialists, receptionist.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
120 SE 30TH STREET
LEE’S SUMMIT, Missouri, 64082
Financial Accounting Facility St. Mary’s Medical Center (SMAMO) Location US-MO-Blue Springs ID 2019-35001 Category Executive Position Type Full Time Shift Days Overview Chief Financial Officer/CF…The Archdiocese of Saint Louis is seeking creative, collaborative,compassionate, and strategic thinking leader to serve as its next Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This is an exciti…Job Description Chief Lending Officer I am pleased to partner with a community feel bank in the area which is adding a position. The time is prime to get someone on board with …
View More and Apply TODAY!
More Financial Job Opportunities
In addition to the Summit Homes CFO (Chief Financial Officer) – Lee’s Summit, MO, you also might be interested in the other related jobs, including CFO chief financial officer job description, chief financial officer salary, chief financial management jobs available in New York, assistant chief financial officer careers, hospital chief financial officer job vacancies, latest construction chief financial officer jobs, chief financial director jobs in Omaha, chief financial officer job openings in Las Vegas, chief financial officer food beverage industry jobs, and corporate finance director jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!