Apply NOW! Senior Staff Accountant – Expat Taxes job openings in Houston, TX. Begin your career HERE!
Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant – Expat Taxes
Location: Houston, TX
US-TX-Houston, United States
Expires 05 Jan 2020
Senior Staff Accountant – Expat Taxes in US-TX-Houston, United States
US-TX-Houston, United States | N/A | Permanent
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant Expat Taxes for our Houston, Texas office.
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Employment Taxes-Americas, and has responsibility for assisting the Senior Manager in the provision of international tax advice to the Groups businesses covering all aspects of international assignments taxation in a given region. This includes all income tax and social security compliance obligations in respect of employment income arising from international or away from home assignments including bonus payments, share based compensation, benefits in kind and the full range of international assignment uplifts. The role will also have responsibility in assisting the business with US state cross-border tax implications and Canadian cross-province tax implications.
The role holder will deliver Group Tax policy and procedure globally, in conjunction with relevant functional and business management teams. The role has close links with the wider F & A as well as P & O function on the implementation and application of tax policies and procedures for international assignees and global business travellers, providing support to meet business requirements.
The role is responsible for managing external service by third party advisors globally in the area of international assignments taxation. The role holder provides key support to the delivery of special tax projects reporting directly into the Senior Manager of Employment Tax-Americas.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
– Provides specialist support on all aspects of international assignments taxation.
– Provides specialist support on US state and Canadian provincial tax implications for domestic assignments in support of payroll and P & O functions.
– Works in partnership with relevant functions on the implementation and application of international assignment and US/Canada domestic assignment tax policies and procedures, providing support to meet business requirements.
– Manages adherence to international assignment and US/Canada domestic tax policies by employees and employers in the Group in conjunction with the business and P & O teams.
– Delivers effective global support to businesses and assignees in achieving their international assignments tax compliance, reporting and regulatory obligations, e.g., tax return compliance.
– Manages support in relation to commercial bids
– Manges vendor relationships with a focus on continuous improvement and challenge on service levels while maintaining responsibility for monitoring adherence to KPIs.
– Identify and understand external market practice and emerging trends; legislative requirements; and analytical intelligence. Determine appropriate application for the Group.
– Provide robust, secure systems solutions and assure quality and compliance.
– Leads by personal example and encourages all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Groups standards and policies.
***Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Skills / Qualifications
– Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Tax or similar discipline required.
– 3-5 years of expatriate taxation experience, US personal federal and state income tax matters
– Professional certification a plus
– Tax technical issues relating to international and US domestic assignments.
– US state and/or Canadian provincial tax matters
– Knowledge of changing regulatory environment.
– How the business delivers and can add value to its customers
– Corporate governance and decision making
– Awareness of external factors and their impact on the Business Unit/Regions strategy and success
– Experience covering a broad range of Tax and financial concerns.
– Demonstrated a commitment to continuous learning and development
– Demonstrated technical excellence
– Demonstrated innovative strategies and implemented long term solutions
– Effectively connect and establish effective, cross-cultural working relationships with all levels of the organisation
– Consistently model the Groups core values
– Energy and compassion
– Generate trust and credibility with audiences through continuous, open and consistent communication
– Champion and drive innovation and change initiatives, focused on improving quality and effectiveness
– Work effectively across different cultures
– Foster a customer-focused climate that delivers on expectations and strengthens relationships
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
2019-66206 Job Description: alliantgroup, LP is currently experiencing explosive growth! As a national consulting firm focused on being the voice to the middle market, our mission is simple…Reporting to the site Finance Leadership located in Houston the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in an senior accounting role within a manufactu…Ref ID: 04040-0011009527 Classification: Financial Analyst Compensation: $75000.00 to $85000.00 yearly Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to advance your career! Tired of f…