NEW – Senior Compliance Engineer, Jobs Openings in the State of California, at Amazon. Search more jobs in your city.
Job Title: Senior Compliance Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
As a Compliance Engineer, you will be experienced in Safety, FDA, and Functional Safety certification processes of various electrical and electronic equipment. You will have familiarity with a variety of safety standards for diverse product categories. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with internal interdisciplinary teams to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in an open collaborative peer environment.
This role specializes in product safety compliance. In this role, you will work closely with the design teams by researching and specifying safety, FDA, functional safety, regulatory, and industry certification requirements. You will plan and direct compliance testing of hardware platforms, devices, and accessories. You will support the device team through product execution, and will ultimately assist them to meet all applicable hardware compliance requirements. When necessary, you will perform fast-paced, detailed, and results-oriented independent research and literature reviews to yield actionable conclusions to initially ambiguous questions. You will submit filings to obtain certifications. Regulatory approvals will consist of domestic and international certifications and NRTLs, NBs, and other bodies. You will also work with our manufacturing partners to test and ensure all in-production devices remain compliant with all certifications.
In this role, you will:
· Work with Legal to determine the applicable regulations and standards for new and existing products
· Communicate applicable technical and design requirements to product design teams
· Work with hardware design teams to review for Safety and Compliance considerations
· Update cross-functional teams of test results and compliance status at all design phases
· If safety requirements are ambiguous, provide safety guidance based on standards expertise and research
· Direct testing of production-level units to ensure continued global compliance and certification
· Create processes to ensure the Compliance Team clearly communicates with other internal and external teams
· Work with the accessory team to ensure all product safety, performance, and regulatory requirements are met
· Work with suppliers to draft compliance requirements, monitor test status, and drive tests to completion
· Initiate international type approvals
· Participate in international expansion and international certification strategies
· Maintain internal certification documents and update certification records for renewals
· Travel internationally, as needed, up to 25%
QUALIFICHE DI BASE
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or similar technical discipline
· 5+ years of experience in hardware development
· Experience handling product compliance, submitting products for global approvals, and obtaining certifications
· Demonstrated experience with U.S. and international product safety standards (e.g. UL, ANSI, CSA, EN, IEC, ISO)
· Experience and success delivering in a fast-paced development environment
· Knowledge of electronics and mechanical design and safety
· Experience overseeing all product-safety aspects of a device’s design from the initial concept to worldwide sale
· Experience documenting technical requirements extracted from standards
· Experience working with third-party labs or similar
· Experience working with Asia-based development and manufacturing partners and test labs
· Experience with MS Office applications including Excel
· Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant field
· Experience handling consumer electronics compliance.
· Knowledge of NRTL horizontal requirements and global industry certifications
· Experience conducting product risk assessments and/or failure modes effects analysis (FMEA)
· Experience with failure analysis
· Experience with laser, functional safety, medical, FDA, and toy compliance requirements.
· Strong analytical skills including statistical analysis
· Strong cross-functional communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Dettagli dell’opportunità di lavoro
Condividi questa opportunità di lavoro
UNISCITI A NOI
Trova Opportunità di lavoro per…
Lavorare in Amazon
Amazon è un datore di lavoro per le pari opportunità e l’azione positiva – minoranze/donne/disabili/veterani/identità di genere/orientamento sessuale. Splunk Enterprise Security is an advanced SIEM product built on top of Splunk Enterprise. We help thousands of clients as they protect their assets and identities from cyber threat…Job Description Summary Job Description As a member of the Electrical Engineering team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, certification, and support of so…As a member of the Electrical Engineering team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, certification, and support of sophisticated, long life, medical capital inst…
Read More & Apply!
Find California State Job Openings in Your City: Orange County California jobs, Southern California jobs, Ontario California jobs, Riverside California jobs, California government jobs, Los Angeles CA jobs, Blythe CA jobs, Kings County CA jobs, Concord CA jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!