Apply Online! – Director Of Life Enrichment/Activities, Senior Citizen Jobs in Lady Lake, FL, at Harbor Retirement Associates. View jobs for Senior citizens in your city HERE!
Job Title: Director Of Life Enrichment/Activities
Company: Harbor Retirement Associates
Location: Lady Lake, FL
- Develops meaningful and purposeful activity programs to enrich the lives of the residents and families
- Develops and implements monthly activities program calendar based on the therapeutic scope of programs.
- Promotes and maintains Family Partnership Program to encourage and nurture family members, community groups and individuals to join together as volunteers with a focus on quality of life for residents.
- Oversight of LE coordinators and Care managers with focus on quality daily living experiences for residents.
- Responsible for completion of Person Centered Care form for each resident to ensure comprehensive social information is collected in order to develop purposeful programs based on interest, personal history and ability.
- Embraces and promotes Parallel Program model through calendar development, associate and volunteer participation.
- Maintains data collection and weekly reports to ensure each resident is touched a minimum of 5 times per day in life enrichment programs- as a goal.
- Provides a forum for residents and family members to meet regularly and share their ideas, thoughts, and concerns regarding their daily living experience.
- Ensures that residents are encouraged and assisted to participate in life enrichment activity programs that are of interest to them.
- Maintains an adequate supply of equipment for regular activities, keeping within budgetary guidelines
- Encourages and welcomes participation from other departments
- Maintains resident and environment safety and supports all aspects of safe return program
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director including on-call and Manager On Duty responsibilities as assigned
- Attends monthly DLE Conference Call
- Leads by example exhibiting the CORE Values through servant leadership
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy
- Attends required community meetings as required
- Completes all required courses in adherence with HRA University
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis
- Becomes familiar and understands how to report a missing person using the Safe Return program or equivalent, if applicable
- All associates are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents
- Associate’s Degree is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent education and experience
- Training as certified activity director, recreational, music, therapist preferred
- Minimum of one-year experience in a senior care community
- Experience working with Dementia residents
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and training preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, associates, residents, family members, and outside contacts
- Able to make independent decisions
- Able to seek out new methods and willing to incorporate them into existing practices when applicable
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens
- Able to follow missing person policy and procedure and understand the Safe Return program.
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Essential Functions: Assist the DLE with planning, coordinating and running all community activities Assists with the planning of the monthly activities calendar and monthly news…Essential Functions: Assist the DLE with planning, coordinating and running all community activities Assists with the planning of the monthly activities calendar and monthly news…Essential Functions: Assist the DLE with planning, coordinating and running all community activities Assists with the planning of the monthly activities calendar and monthly news…
More Senior Citizen Jobs Openings
View new seniors part-time jobs, senior citizens jobs, part-time senior citizens jobs, jobs for senior citizens over 65, at home jobs for senior citizens, online jobs for senior citizens, jobs for senior citizens in Florida, jobs for senior citizens in UK, and jobs for senior citizens in Singapore. Apply Online!