Easy Apply Online! – Senior Business Financial Analyst, Business Financial System Analyst Job openings in Grand Rapids, MI, at DTE Energy. Begin your career HERE!
Related Jobs: senior financial analyst jobs, entry-level financial analyst jobs, financial analyst jobs in Boston, financial analyst jobs in Chicago, financial analyst jobs in Houston, Chartered financial analyst jobs, financial analyst jobs in Denver.
Job Title: Senior Business Financial Analyst
Company: DTE Energy
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Senior Business Financial Analyst
Grand Rapids, MI, US
Company: DTE Eng Corp Svcs LLC Job ID: 3506
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune
500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to
be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for
good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26
different states and are comprised of regulated utility and
non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas
service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility
businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related
companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power
DTE Energy s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for
significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated
and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing
economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to
work and has received the following accolades:
- Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed s annual 50 Best Places to Work award for two years running
- Metropolitan Detroit s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women s Magazine/Black EOE Journal Best of the Best
- Computerworld s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national
origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by law.
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required: Professional Pre-Hire
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Performs business financial processes including project evaluation,
activity based management, budgeting, forecasting, and business
performance reporting. Establishes long-term and short-term
financial plans; budgets and forecasts; consolidating detailed
financial budgets and quarterly forecasts for cost centers, business
units and/or strategic business units; reporting and analyzing
business performance; performing system maintenance for the business
performance reporting systems; performing and/or supporting cost
center, business unit and/or strategic business unit project
evaluation, performing and/or supporting cost center and/or business
unit activity based management. Scope and number of processes may
vary depending on team. Coordinates projects, teams and initiates
continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyze complex cost center, business unit or strategic business
unit financial information in order to prepare budgets and
forecasts. Identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Report and analyze business performance including producing
variance reports for cost center, business unit or strategic
business unit, Analyze results, Compare actual results to budget
and to most current forecast, Prepare inputs to the monthly board
- Analyze capital projects and new business opportunities using
corporate standards and develops alternatives and recommendations.
- Utilize Activity Based Cost models to analyze costs and identify
opportunities for cost savings. Work with Business Unit leaders to
effectively use cost data.
- Monitor cost center, business unit and/or strategic business unit
performance in relation to balanced scorecard measures.
- Monitor work practices and utilizes continuous improvement and
lean systems methodology to drive out costs.
- Create a positive working environment by supporting DTE Energy and
Controller’s Organization initiatives including training and
development, diversity, work and personal life balance and
enterprise core values.
- Coordinate continuous improvement initiatives, cross functional
teams and projects.
- This position may require FERC gas training.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of financial experience in business, public accounting
or financial systems
- Concentration/major in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA, CMA or MBA
- Ability to organize work independently and to work in teams.
- Ability to coordinate cross functional teams and projects.
- PC Proficiency, including experience with MS Office Products.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with others.
- Proficient verbal, nonverbal, written, and presentation skills.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and
accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in
this description depending upon the organization and role to which
they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the
general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job.
It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or
responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of
supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and
control the work of employees under their supervision.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view p…Job title:Senior Financial Analyst Department / Division: Finance Global Distribution / Global Financial Planning & Analysis Location:Ada, MI What’s special about this tea…The Position Our client is seeking to fill a CRE / C&I Credit Analyst role in the Grand Rapids, MI market. The successful Commercial Credit Analyst candidate will be responsible …
Read More & Apply NOW!
More Financial Analyst Jobs
Find Financial Analyst Job Openings TODAY: Senior Financial Analyst, Sr Financial Analyst, Financial Systems Analyst, Financial Reporting Analyst, Business Financial Analyst.
Search for jobs available TODAY!