Search for a job – Retail Operations Manager/Sr. Manager/Director, Business Management Director of Operations Jobs in Houston, TX, at Talen Energy. Begin your career HERE!
Job Title: Retail Operations Manager/Sr. Manager/Director
Company: Talen Energy
Location: Houston, TX
Houston, TX / The Woodlands, TX – The Retail Operations Manager/Sr. Manager/Director will be responsible for leading the customer enrollment, billing, collections, reporting, and the associated systems to support these processes for Talens Retail Commercial and Industrial electricity business. The incumbent will lead a team of highly skilled analysts as well as be responsible for the success of outsourced system providers. Key functional responsibilities include process management, enrollment, billing, customer and utility issue resolution, supply cost analysis, and third-party vendor management. In addition, the Operations Manager/Sr. Manager/Director will play an important role in new market entry, development of key controls, and significant opportunities for automation and process improvement in support of Talens Retail growth objectives. EOE M/F/D/V
- Lead a team of experienced analysts responsible for customer enrollments, billing, payment application, and issue resolution in PJM, ERCOT and other markets.Successfully manage
- Talens relationship with the vendor providing EDI and Billing technology, ensuring consistency, quality, and development are done to meet Talen and its customers needs.
- Manage outsourced bill-print operations and ensure accurate and timely invoicing.
- Refine Talens fulfillment of complex product and agreements to minimize operational cost while increasing the speed and maintaining accuracy of billing calculations and remittance processes.
- Support AR, revenue, billing and enrollment exceptions and payments to ensure proper coding of balances occurs at all times for Talen management, for Talen financials, and for Talen financings.
- Retain and develop team of analysts located across multiple work locations, providing necessary guidance, coaching, and feedback.
- Regularly interact with and support other retail teams such as pricing, sales, and finance, as well as other key corporate teams, including supply chain, ISO settlements, and accounting.
- Perform related job duties as assigned by Retail Leadership and Divisional CFO.
- Bachelors degree in business, quantitative or technical field.
- Minimum of three years managing/leading an efficient operations, customer care, or analytics team in the Retail energy space. Additional experience required for the more senior levels.
- Strong understanding of the retail electricity market with a minimum of 6 years of energy experience in electricity or related energy commodities with a focus on retail commercial and industrial marketing and operations.
- Specific experience with market rules in PJM and/or ERCOT, including EDI transaction sets and ISO settlements process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and coordinate effectively with internal and external teams.
- Excellent communication skills, and very strong work ethic.
- Experience in additional energy markets (NYISO, MISO, NEPOOL).
- Experience in complementary operations areas such as pricing, settlements, or forecasting.
- Detailed experience with electricity industry EDI transaction sets.
Number of Openings
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .
Thank you for your interest in Talen Energy!
Talen Energy is one of the largest competitive energy and power generation companies in North America. We operate power plants that use diverse fuel sources in the most attractive wholesale power markets, and sell energy to wholesale and retail customers in selected competitive markets. Our passion for excellence grows value through safe and efficient operations. We have an inclusive, diverse, respectful and collaborative workplace, and a strong commitment to innovation, teamwork and integrity. We generate energy for a brighter tomorrow.
Talen Energy is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, disability, perceived disability or any other protected characteristic as may be defined by applicable law.
If you need assistance with the application process, please email us at . Grocers Supply , based in Houston, is the largest wholesale grocery supplier in Texas, supplying over 900 independent grocery stores. Grocers Supply serves customers of all sizes, …Position Overview: Works closely with lead teams to identify and correct audit compliance issues. Conducts regular store visits within assigned areas to ensure audit readiness an…Division STORE Job Description Responsible for assisting with all operational tasks within the store as delegated and assigned by the Store Manager with main focus on the …
More Job Opportunities
In addition to the Retail Operations Manager/Sr. Manager/Director, you also might be interested in the other related jobs, such as VP director sales operations jobs, director administration operations jobs in Africa, latest director IT operations jobs, director clinical operations jobs, executive director operations healthcare jobs, urgent director operations manufacturing jobs, director operations support job openings, director financial operations jobs, and director marketing careers.
Search for jobs available TODAY!