High-Paying Jobs! – Public Safety Dispatcher (911 Communications), Police 911 Dispatcher Jobs in Wylie, TX, at . View more details.
Related Jobs: police dispatcher jobs, 911 operators jobs, 911 dispatcher jobs in Ohio, 911 dispatcher jobs in Seattle, 911 dispatcher jobs in AZ, and 911 police dispatcher jobs in Washington.
Job Title: Public Safety Dispatcher (911 Communications)
Location: Wylie, TX
The City of Wylie 911 Communications Division is seeking a Public Safety Dispatcher that is able to work in a fast paced emergency communications center.
Receives requests for Police, Fire, Emergency Medical Services, Animal Control and Utilities. Dispatches public safety units, operates various telecommunications equipment, prepares reports, maintains files, and performs other related duties. Must be available to work regular and irregular shift rotations, which may include weekends and holidays, as well as extended hours in emergency, disaster or other situations influenced by workload or staffing difficulties. Orientation period is a full 12 months.
Supervision is provided by the Communications Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Answers multi-line telephones; takes 911 calls. Quickly analyzes complex information in emergency or dangerous situations and makes decisions of a life or death nature.
- Provides Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) rescue assistance; triages in-coming request for emergency medical service to determine the level of response; provides pre-arrival instructions to the caller including but not limited to cardiac arrest, airway management, control of bleeding and assisting with childbirth. Must use established Emergency Medical Dispatch protocols to immediately provide help to the victim or other party; operate within an established quality assurance standard of service.
- Communicates effectively, courteously and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing, speaking distinctly, responding promptly. Communicates with irate, hysterical, aggressive and/or abusive individuals while maintaining composure and attempting to verbally calm them.
- Hears in the normal range.
- Simultaneously listens to and comprehends both telephone and radio traffic.
- Assists and records requests for police, fire and emergency medical services from the public and departmental personnel via telephone, radios and in person.
- Comprehends and applies City ordinances, policies and procedures.
- Adheres strictly to the Department Code of Conduct and directives.
- Documents all activity, locations and status in the computer aided dispatch system for public safety personnel, quickly disseminating any additional information.
- Operates computer terminals for specialized access with various automated data banks in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Works in a confined area for 12 hours and remains seated for long periods of time entering data into various computer systems on a constant basis.
- Simultaneously inputs, retrieves and maintains information, reading from multiple computer screens and printouts while operating multiple keyboards.
- Operates multi-channel public safety radio system.
- Assigns appropriate public safety personnel for routine and emergency calls for service.
- Concentrates on tasks through many distractions.
- Operates and performs maintenance of equipment, e.g., video, audio and printing equipment.
- Attends training/schools/seminars and other City related events requiring travel.
- Performs in a manner that cannot pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self and/or others.
- Supports other departments during non-standard business hours.
- Maintains an excellent attendance record. Rarely absent or tardy.
- Subject to call-out on occasion.
- Female Dispatchers may be required to search female prisoners, if needed.
- As requested, assists in training of various City of Wylie public safety employees.
- As requested by a member of management, performs temporary supervision in the absence of the Communications Supervisor.
- Attends and testifies in criminal and civil courts when summoned.
- Performs as a responsible steward of the public trust and strives for excellence in public service, enhancing the quality of life for all.
- Acts in a civil, respectful manner at all times to management, co-workers and others.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent. Six months or more of municipal Police, Fire, and 911 Enhanced dispatching experience is preferred. Telecommunications Certification as issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education and Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) must be obtained within 1 year of employment and maintained as a condition of continued employment. Valid Driver’s License. Must have Texas Driver’s License within 30 days of hire. This position requires the completion of National Incident Management System (NIMS) training courses 100 and 700 upon hiring or within six months of employment/transfer/promotion.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
PHYSICAL STRENGTH REQUIRED:
Low: Exerting up to 20 pounds occasionally, 10 pounds frequently or negligible amounts constantly. Position carries the possibility of exposure to infectious diseases through contact with prisoners, detainees and other public safety personnel. Position has a high stress level due to constant radio/telephone/public traffic and the nature of the emergency/public safety environment.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED:
Balancing Bending Carrying Climbing Crawling
Crouching Fine Dexterity Foot Controls Handling Hearing
Kneeling Lifting Pushing/Pulling Reaching Sitting
Standing Talking Twisting Vision Walking
PRIMARY WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoors
SHIFT WORK: Yes
CALL-OUT: Occasionally Responsible for receiving, analyzing, classifying and directing all incoming 911 emergency and administrative calls in order to coordinate the dispatch of emergency police, fire an…Position Summary If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung’s Wireless Networks team is the place to be. The role of the Wireless Networks Team i…National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. We operate across 34 st…
Learn more and Apply TODAY!
Find 911 Dispatcher Jobs in Your Area: information police dispatcher careers, 911 operators jobs, 911 dispatcher jobs in Seattle, latest 911 dispatcher jobs in AZ, and urgent 911 police dispatcher jobs in Washington, and 911 dispatcher jobs available in Ohio.
Search for jobs available TODAY!