Apply Online! – Postdoctoral Fellowship | Arizona State University, ASU Arizona State University Jobs in Phoenix, AZ, at . More jobs in USA.
Related Jobs: Arizona State University jobs, Arizona State University careers, Arizona State University jobs Openings, Arizona State University jobs employment, Arizona State University career services.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellowship | Arizona State University
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The College of Health Solutions at Arizona State University invites applications for a postdoctoral research fellow. The trainee will work with Dr. Jennifer Huberty, Associate Professor, Arizona State University (in partnership with Dr. Ruben A. Mesa, Director of Mays Cancer Center at University of Texas Health San Antonio MD Anderson). The Mays Cancer Center at University of Texas Health San Antonio MD Anderson is a long-standing NCI-Designated Cancer Center recognized for excellence in early phase cancer clinical trials, cancer biology research, and population science. The fellowship is housed at Arizona State University and will prepare the trainee for a career in academic research.
The postdoctoral research fellow will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of faculty and students conducting an active program of research related to the use of complementary and integrative medicine (e.g., yoga, meditation, physical activity) for symptom management (e.g., fatigue, pain, depression, sleep disturbance) in cancer patients. Unique to this position, there will be an opportunity to work closely with online and digital partners (Calm, Udaya) to conduct this research and to build upon a foundation of studies that have been conducted in previous years delivering complementary and integrative medicine to cancer patients using these platforms. The trainee will be involved in all aspects of the research including Institutional Review Board approval, recruitment, enrollment, data management and analyses, reviewing protocols, and mentoring masters and undergraduate students. Additionally, the candidate will actively participate in manuscript writing, grant proposals, presenting at academic meetings, and other essential duties as necessary. The candidate will receive training in grant writing and help with the preparation and submission of NIH and other grant proposals. Opportunities exist for first-authored manuscripts and new projects.
The College of Health Solutions is committed to translating scientific health research and discovery into practice to improve health outcomes through education, research and service. We equip students with the knowledge and skills to influence healthier lifestyle choices; develop creative interventions to improve the health of people and populations; analyze and translate large amounts of health data into solutions; and maximize the technology, science, business and application of diagnostics. Our research programs encompass basic science, discovery science, clinical trials, intervention science and measurement of health outcomes. In all cases, our faculty use interdisciplinary approaches to address the complex systems that underpin health problems. We are highly collaborative, transparent and team-oriented. Our innovative organizational structure includes translational teams that move science from labs into communities with evidence-based interventions that make a difference, as well as affinity networks where teams of people work together to improve methodologies and processes. All of our programs, in and out of the classroom, are designed with the goal of improving the health of people and communities.
For additional information regarding ASU or the College of Health Solutions go to: and . For additional information related to Dr. Huberty go to: . For additional information related to Dr. Ruben Mesa go to:
To apply, click the application link provided in this post to submit the following:
- A letter of interest including the name of the position and rank for which you are applying, your qualifications and experience as it relates to the position, and a research statement
- Curriculum vitae including a list of publications
- Copies of two recent publications
- Information for 3 professional references (their position, title, e-mail, phone number). Finalists will be asked to provide three letters of recommendation.
This is a grant-funded appointment for one year from date of hire, with renewal contingent on funds and excellent performance. Informal inquiries and questions can be directed to: Dr. Jennifer Huberty, Associate Professor, by email at .
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU’s complete and ) Applicants are asked to complete an .
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
- Earned doctorate or equivalent degree within the last 5 years in public health, epidemiology, behavioral science, exercise science, health education and health promotion, health communication, medicine, social psychology, or related field;
- Record of related research experience appropriate to rank.
- Record of strong writing ability (i.e., first authored publications, grant applications submitted)
- Knowledge and experience conducting health behavior interventions in cancer patients/survivors;
- Knowledge and experience of the objective monitoring of physical activity and sleep;
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative research methods;
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative research methods;
- Experience with SPSS or SAS
- Evidence of peer reviewed publications and conference presentations in public health, exercise science, or behavioral medicine;
- Evidence of being self-motivated, detail-oriented, responsible, team-oriented, creative, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to synthesize literature
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled. The School of Life Sciences at Arizona State University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Neurobiology to begin in August 2020. Res…) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor appointment in Experimental (particle/nuclear/atomic) Physics, with emphasis on the emerging area of precis…Job Description The purpose of the Walgreens Community Pharmacy Residency Program is to prepare clinicians to provide direct patient care services as community or ambulatory care…
Read More Job Details
Search for jobs available TODAY!