Latest Jobs! – Portfolio Manager – Asset Allocation Strategist, Commercial Construction Project Manager Jobs in Dallas, TX, at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. View salary and Apply Now!
Related Jobs: Search for construction project manager jobs, construction management jobs, urgent construction safety manager careers, building site manager jobs, assistant construction manager job openings, telecom manufacturing manager jobs, entry-level construction manager jobs, construction manager jobs available in London, residential construction manager job opportunities, and wireless construction manager jobs.
Job Title: Portfolio Manager – Asset Allocation Strategist
Company: State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Location: Dallas, TX
One Company…Many Careers!
State Farm Investment Planning Services (IPS) is seeking a Portfolio Manager – Asset Allocation Strategist in its State Farm Investment Management unit (SFIM). Reporting to the head of SFIM, you will provide quantitative research and asset allocation analysis in support of State Farm’s newly-created Advisory model portfolios. You will employ a proactive data-focused approach to investment research, capital markets analysis and portfolio management to help the team formulate investment themes and asset allocation positioning (i.e. strategic and tactical), with the goal of creating and evolving the Advisory investment program for State Farm’s retail customers. In this position, you will also assist in the formation of investment outlook, content and advisor/agent education; supporting the due diligence and fiduciary oversight responsibilities of various IPS investment/product platforms; creating and establishing State Farm’s footprint and point-of-view on investing for State Farm agents and retail customers. Additionally, you will collaborate with other SFIM colleagues, as well as members of IPS teams across the organization in the execution of various research projects. Some travel to SF Agent offices/customer mandates and conferences nationwide may be required for this role. When not traveling, this person will work from State Farm’s Dallas office.
A Day In The Life Of A/An Portfolio Manager – Asset Allocation Strategist – req12616
- Develops and maintains Strategic & Tactical Asset Allocation for State Farm Advisory Model Portfolios by evaluating various inputs: capital market assumptions (CMAs), relative value between asset classes, portfolio optimization, Monte Carlo simulation, factor modeling, return/risk attribution, and current market conditions
- Lead in the development and maintenance of new quantitative models/methods to support asset allocation and portfolio management decisions, CMAs, and glide path construction initiatives (i.e. goals-based Advisory platform)
- Serves as the team’s subject matter resource on investment models, systems and software (i.e. proprietary and 3rd party)
- Assist with the formation of IPS investment committee guidelines and due diligence standards, and execute governance policies and procedures (i.e. quantitative and qualitative due diligence) for broader IPS investment/product platforms (i.e. Brokerage, variable annuity and Advisory)
- Formulates investment outlook, content and advisor/agent education; creating and establishing State Farm’s footprint and point-of-view on investing for SF agents and retail customers
- Collaborates with team members and internal IPS departments to execute SFIM & IPS publications and collaterals on a periodic (i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly) and ad hoc basis
Office Location (Dallas) …where we work hard AND play hard!
At State Farm, we also offer a wide array of development opportunities and a bright, fresh work environment at CityLine DFW.
Our campus is conveniently located near the local transit and we have several restaurants on campus.
We Are Looking for Candidates With
Required Skills /Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 5+ years of experience in asset management and/or wealth management (i.e. Asset Allocation, Portfolio Management, or Research capacity).
- 5+ years of direct experience in or related to multi-asset portfolio management, asset allocation and/or quantitative investment research.
- 4+ years of experience in investment strategy/manager due diligence, open architecture and oversight of traditional and alternative investment strategies
- Meaningful knowledge/direct experience in at least three of the following areas is required: strategic/tactical asset allocation formation; capital market assumption development; portfolio optimization methods; factor risk/return modeling; Monte Carlo simulation. Knowledge of insurance products/industry is a plus.
- Meaningful knowledge of multi-asset class investing. Hands-on experience and expertise in both top-down and bottom-up investment analysis, including both primary research and curation/assessment of third party analysis.
- Detailed knowledge of securities including but not limited to stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, SMAs, alternative investments, and options strategies.
- Solid knowledge of investment advisory business including advisory program types.
- Client-facing experience. Strong presentations and writing skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to own initiatives and work in a dynamic/”start-up”-like team environment.
- Completion of or progress towards the CFA charter or comparable designation or a commitment to obtain the CFA in the future.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 required, or will be required to achieve registrations in a short period of time of hire.
Preferred Qualifications / requirements
- Master’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, financial engineering or a related quantitative field is preferred.
- 5+ years of direct experience with third-party investment and risk management systems/tools. (i.e. MSCI Barra, Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, etc).
- Programming skills desirable: C++, Python, Matlab, etc. Proven ability to develop complex data models in Excel preferred.
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What’s In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn’t want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That’s right, we trust you…
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!
PI120088326 One Company…Many Careers! State Farm Investment Planning Services (IPS) is seeking a Quantitative Analyst – Asset Allocation Analyst in its State Farm Investment Management unit …JOB DESCRIPTION: Manage a portfolio of projects of diverse complexity. Assure that projects will effectively integrate with existing programs and strategies so that long and short…Job Category Customer Success Group Job Details Job Details The Success Manager leverages deep business, industry and product knowledge to partner with customers and guide th…
Read More & Apply NOW!
Find Jobs Openings TODAY: Construction Project Manager, Commercial Construction Project Manager, Construction Commercial Manager, Senior Construction Manager, Construction Senior Project Manager jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!