Apply Online! – Lead Brand Designer, Graphic Designer Jobs in Maplewood, MN, at 3M. View salary and Apply Now!
Related Jobs: junior graphic designer jobs, graphic designer jobs in UK, graphic designer jobs in Austin Texas, graphic design jobs in New York, appreal graphic design jobs, and web graphic design jobs.
Job Title: Lead Brand Designer
Location: Maplewood, MN
3M is driving creativity and design as a competitive platform for innovation and brand globally to enhance design-driven solutions for people and the world. We are looking for a Lead Brand Designer for our Construction and Home Improvements Division at the 3M Design Center, located in St. Paul, MN.
Does your curiosity inspire you to imagine tomorrow’s solutions to today’s problems? Do you ever wonder how collaborative creativity can enrich innovation and make progress possible? Or wonder if design can drive competitive advantage for business, while also having positive impact on the world? These are just a few of the questions we ask at 3M Design every day. Our diverse, global team not only includes design talent from multiple creative disciplines, but also achievement-oriented professionals who keep the engine going for strong operations to ensure our design organization is world class. We’re looking for creative explorers who are excited to be part of the very inspiring journey of design at an innovation company like 3M driven by curiosity.
The person hired for the position of Lead Brand Designer will collaborate with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Brand Communications, R & D and diverse Design disciplines within the Construction and Home Improvements Division on the creation of visual brand design guidelines, and their execution on packaging, products and other touch-points. The Lead Brand Designer will integrate brand design development into business strategies, identify and lead programs of strategic relevance to create brands that engage consumers and deliver a high-quality experience at the shelf.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Lead Brand Designer primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Leads brand design programs from both a strategic and execution lens, while keeping designers, business stakeholders and agency partners aligned and engaged in the process from initial kick-off to final implementation.
– Leads the implementation of the brand strategy to create packaging, products and other touch-points that provide engaging customer experiences at the shelf/online. This includes the ability to develop artwork internally, or through agency partners.
– Develops strong relationships with cross-functional business and communications teams, providing creative direction including asset development (photos, etc.) that fit the brand standards and advance the brand strategy.
– Manages the design/artwork budget for the assigned brand(s) or business including forecasting and accurate monthly tracking of external spend.
– Translates research and insights into design strategies and recommendations to drive programs forward into a successful commercialization.
– Ensures adherence to brand design process, guidelines and methodologies – including the training of new team members on our brands and brand guidelines.
– Handles a variety of projects, working collaboratively with multiple business teams to align design goals to business goals and strategy across complex product portfolios.
– Acts as champion for design and our customers, driving human-centered solutions while considering the business value and feasibility of outcomes.
– Maintains a high level of design-related knowledge of current trends, methods and has ability to develop and share tools and frameworks with global colleagues.
– Pushes boundaries through thought leadership with existing design research tools and methods, by exploring future trends in the industry, technologies, socio-economic and demographic opportunities that will have impact on the Industrial Business Group business structure and opportunities.
– May be assigned leadership responsibilities for tasks and/or people on an organizational basis
– Coaches and mentors other design team members, using collaboration and creative critiques to elevate the quality of design for our group.
– Bachelor’s degree or higher (Completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution in design, graphic design or design strategy
– Minimum of five (5) combined years of relevant work experience in brand and/or design-related roles in a private, public, government or military environment
– M.S. in design, design strategy, graphic design or a related field or equivalent practical experience.s
– 7-9 years of experience with identifying and tackling business challenges, bringing design-driven solutions to market.
– Proven record of using research to answer business strategy questions and needs.
– Strong story-telling and presentation skills and a passion for creative expression.
Please attach a file or include a link to a non-confidential portfolio of design work along with your application.
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: Up to 20%
Relocation: Is Authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
About 3M Design
3M Design is the creative engine driving design for innovation at 3M. As a global team of diverse talent that creates meaningful and consistent brand experiences, we stimulate collaborative creativity to translate insights and technologies into solutions that inspire and positively impact our customers, our employees, and our world. At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $32 billion in sales, our 91,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
For more information about 3M Design, visit or follow @3MDesign on Twitter. Learn more about 3M at or on Twitter @3M or @3MNews.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms. Description: LEAD PRODUCT DESIGNER (UX) · Enterprise Design Systems About us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Our purp…As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll bring your leadership, collaboration and passion for growth and innovation. Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating re…At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. 3M has a long-standin…
Job Suggestions: Senior Graphic Designer, Multimedia Graphic Designer, Sr Graphic Designer, Graphic Web Designer, Graphic Designer Marketing.
In addition to the Graphic Designer Jobs, search more related designer Jobs, such as interior designer jobs, web designer jobs, game designer jobs, CAD designer jobs, textile design jobs, kitchen designer jobs, and toy designer jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!