Find jobs in your area! – Information Technology Technician II, Computer IT Information Technology Technician Jobs openings in Austin, TX, at U.S. District Court – Human Resources Office. Start your career HERE!
Job Title: Information Technology Technician II
Company: U.S. District Court – Human Resources Office
Location: Austin, TX
Information Technology Technician II
November 12, 2019
Open Until Filled – First consideration for candidates that apply by November 29, 2019
Up to CL26/Step31 $60,399 (commensurate with experience)
[Current judiciary employees will be considered for a salary match up to CL-26]
Austin, Texas (will also support the Fort Hood and Temple, Texas offices)
The Office of Information Technology for the United States District Court, United States Probation Office, and United States Pretrial Services Office for the Western District of Texas is currently seeking qualified applications for the position of Information Technology Technician II. The incumbent will provide technical support and assistance to Judges and court personnel within the three Court Units.
- Provides first and second tier support to end users for workstation and server hardware through help desk requests and customer inquiries;
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet district needs;
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous function. Recommends course of action and implements as approved;
- May coordinate with personnel in network services, server infrastructure, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct technical problems;
- Assists in appropriate level software installations, patches and upgrades to maintain system integrity and security;
- Supports data recoverability through system backups and database archive operations;
- Coordinate appropriate level database troubleshooting to ensure improvement in system reliability and performance;
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation;
- Escalates more complex problems to subject matter experts as necessary;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of desktop support, customer support and/or helpdesk experience;
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Operating Systems in a support role;
- 3+ years of hands on experience with end-user support processes for workstations, servers, mobile devices and related;
- High level knowledge of data center hardware (i.e. UPS, cabling, switches, etc.);
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity applications;
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with all levels of district personnel from judges, executives, coworkers and front line end users;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Flexibility to work any hours, sometimes with short notice;
- Ability to work effectively in a stressful environment;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and organize workload based on management direction;
- Ability to work self-directed with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor Degree or above in related field
- Current technical certification in a related area: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or above; current VMware Certified Associate (VCA) or above, etc.;
- Judiciary courtroom technology experience
- Experience with VMWare, Unitrends, Cisco, HP, Dell, Zenworks, Exagrid, APC, Palo Alto, Sharepoint, Office 365, OneDrive, IBM Notes, Cisco Unified Communications, Skype for Business;
- Support experience with iOS devices
- Support experience with Audio/Visual technology
Qualified candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter (include job title/number listed above), detailed resume, salary history, email address, and a daytime phone number to: > Court Info > Jobs > Current Employment Opportunities & Online Application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work for the federal government. The Court is not authorized to reimburse travel expenses for interviews or relocation. This position is subject to mandatory electronic direct deposit of salary payments. Please note that final candidates will undergo a criminal background & credit check and will be given a test to determine level of skill/knowledge.
The United States District Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer. – provided by Dice Company Description Snow’s mission is to stop organizations overpaying for the software they use, today and tomorrow. We help organizations optimize software availability, compli…Company Description: Molecular Templates is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of differentiated, targeted, biologic therapeutics…Minimum qualifications: Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience. 7 years of experience managing an engineering or operations team. Experience managing and driving s…
Read More Job Details
More IT Information Technology Technician Job Opportunities
In addition to the Information Technology Technician II, you also might be interested in the other related jobs, including information technology manager jobs, latest computer information technology jobs, IT teacher job openings, information technology services careers, computer IT technology security jobs, and creative information technology jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!