Jobs available – Intern – MAGNet Program @ University of Georgia (Summer), Employment Job Posting in the State of Georgia, at State Farm. Read more and apply NOW!
Job Title: Intern – MAGNet Program @ University of Georgia (Summer)
Company: State Farm
Location: Athens, GA
of Georgia (Summer 2020) – req9504
State Farm has developed a unique internship opportunity for graduate students at the University of Georgia – the Modeling and Analytics Graduate Network (MAGNet) program. MAGNet interns apply their statistical modeling and analytic skills to a wide variety of business problems faced by the State Farm organization.
Most MAGNet interns are in the Statistics Department’s graduate program, but graduate students in other highly quantitative disciplines may also be considered. While participating in the MAGNet program, students are evaluated and given consideration for full-time post-graduate employment at various State Farm locations: Bloomington, IL, Atlanta, GA, Dallas, TX, or Champaign, IL.
MAGNet interns apply their predictive modeling and data analysis skills to a variety of business problems, in many different lines of business and departments.
- Pricing and Underwriting Risk Predictive Modeling
- Claims Automation Predictive Modeling
- Sales/Growth Forecasting, Econometric and Predictive Modeling
- Data mining applications for Claims and Competitive Analysis
- Evaluating new statistical methods and tools for potential use by State
- Interns are assigned based to a wide variety of departments for
experience, based on major and interest area
A student at the University of Georgia, with the following majors considered:
- Computer Science
- Actuarial Science
- Data Science
- Applicants must be accepted or currently enrolled in an approved Graduate
program at the University of Georgia
- Statistical modeling and/or data mining
- Data analysis and experience with database tools
- Computer programming (specifically SAS, R, or Python)
- Communication and presentations skills
- Internship duration and work hours: Our Summer Internship Semester will
run from 5/11/2020-7/31/2020
- Interns work full time – 38.75 hours/week, Monday- Friday
- Competitive pay and a relaxed dress code
- Direct experience you can leverage for your future career
- An opportunity to learn and network with industry-leading influencers
- A Learning Environment: Mentoring and Development to help you succeed
- We love to give back! Being involved in volunteer opportunities to give
back to the community
- A culture that embraces Diversity and Inclusion – it is simply the right thing to do! Job Title Student Brand Ambassador – University of Georgia Job Description At Kaplan Test Prep, we are consumed with our quest to help students own their moment and achieve the…The Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Georgia has an opening for a tenure-track assistant professor in Computational Astrophysics with an anticipated start d…Overview Partner Software, Inc. is a software development company that provides map-based software solutions to the utility industry. We strive to create effective, user-friendly …
Find State Georgia Jobs in Your Area: State Georgia jobs, Atlanta Georgia jobs, City Albany Georgia jobs, Macon Georgia jobs, university Georgia jobs, Dalton Georgia jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!