View the latest jobs available here – Instructional Designer Specialist, Graphic Designer Jobs in San Diego, CA, at UPS. Latest opening, Apply Today!
Related Jobs: junior graphic designer jobs, graphic designer jobs in UK, graphic designer jobs in Austin Texas, graphic design jobs in New York, appreal graphic design jobs, and web graphic design jobs.
Job Title: Instructional Designer Specialist
Location: San Diego, CA
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world’s largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 5,000 independently owned locations in the U.S. and Canada. If you’re looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The UPS Store (TUPSS) Instructional Design Specialist supports knowledge and skill development of programs and materials for The UPS Store franchise network through the design and application of instructional design methods. He/She works closely with subject matter experts (SME), managers, vendors, and various cross-functional teams to understand aspects of policies, procedures, systems, and skills requiring instruction to recommend appropriate training solutions that align with the project and company objectives.
He/She processes user account requests and uploads new training elements into the learning management system (LMS) for the franchise network. The TUPPS Instructional Design Specialist manages and coordinates projects to create content and assignments applicable to business unit needs and best practices. This position participates in the instructional course and agenda development process to document, review, and update and maintain files.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides instructional expertise and recommendations to support trainers and SME’s in the creation and implementation of training programs and materials
- Coordinates with the SME and project manager throughout course development (i.e., initial planning, content brainstorming sessions, media development, and writing) to meet goals and objectives
- Produces instructional materials for various instructional delivery methods (e.g., classroom, e-learning and written job aids, etc.) to meet project specifications
- Creates course content outlines in collaboration with designated SMEs to ensure deliverables meet training and learning strategies
- Gathers data on training needs and learning interventions to integrate design of training materials and programs
- Writes course content and creates relevant graphics to reflect and expand the scope, sequence, and learning objectives developed through team collaboration
- Collects content for development of training materials (e.g., text, graphics, animations, audio, glossary, test questions, etc.) to ensure alignment with training and learning development strategies
- Reviews procedures and guidelines for training programs and learning interventions to guarantee instructional materials meet outlined learning and training goals across business units
- Identifies most recent innovation in the technology of online learning and suggests ways that training projects could be updated or improved
- Collaborates with internal clients (e.g., Product Development, Operations, etc.), SMEs, and project managers to assist with the direction and management of projects
- Designs evaluation tools (e.g., surveys, questionnaires, etc.) necessary for measuring training and learning intervention effectiveness
Knowledge and Skills
- Assesses Business Needs: Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business; uses the business need to help define the project’s requirements
- Instructional Design Knowledge: Applies knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design to the creation of instructional materials; evaluates existing analysis to identify learning gaps and provide recommendations; assists in the alignment of training to business outcomes; demonstrates ability to identify implementation gaps and provide suggestions for improvement; identifies appropriate measurement to assess learning
- Multicultural Agility: Recognizes importance of understanding global and cultural diversity; interested in learning about cultural differences that impact business
- Project Management: Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one’s role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough, and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager
- Projects, Programs or Processes Design and Development: Lists basic design specifications linked to business requirements; describes the importance of quality design and development procedures; outlines design and development
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Graphic Design, Instructional Design, Web Design, or related discipline – Preferred
- Experience using Learning Management Systems (LMS) – Preferred
- Experience demonstrating proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) – Preferred
- Experience using Captivate, Lectora, and/or Storyline – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law Hone is on a mission to reimagine leadership, management and people skills training for modern teams. Our 60-minute live video sessions, world class instructors, and unique compani…Duties: This position reports to: Head of Curriculum and Instructional Design ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks…Thanks for visiting our Job Board. Please review our open positions and apply to the positions that match your qualifications. Instructional Designer San Diego, CA Full Time N…
In addition to the Graphic Designer Jobs, search more related designer Jobs, such as interior designer jobs, web designer jobs, game designer jobs, CAD designer jobs, textile design jobs, kitchen designer jobs, and toy designer jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!