Easy Apply Online! – Heavy Equipment Operator, 004MB2 – Highway Technician 2, Heavy Equipment Operator Jobs in Greenfield, IN, at State of Indiana. Latest opening, Apply Today!
Related Jobs: heavy equipment mechanic jobs, truck driver heavy jobs, heavy haul trucking jobs, heavy equipment technician jobs, heavy equipment manager jobs, heavy industrial construction jobs, heavy diesel mechanic jobs, heavy highway construction jobs.
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator, 004MB2 – Highway Technician 2
Company: State of Indiana
Location: Greenfield, IN
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day. This position is typically filled at a salary of $34,320.00 annually
The Highway Technician is responsible for performing cross-specialty jobs in the Highway Maintenance, Construction, and/or Testing departments. This self-motivated, team player is part of a shared workforce required to perform snow and ice removal and related maintenance.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this roles are as follows:
- Complies with Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Operates basic highway maintenance and traffic equipment to maintain, repair and clean highways and right-of-ways;
- Moves and loads supplies and materials;
- Winter operations duties including snow and ice removal;
- Maintains, repairs, and installs traffic signs, route markers and pavement markings;
- Performs emergency response activities such as: clean-up, traffic control, lane closures, placement of signs, and erecting barricades;
- Performs equipment maintenance such as: minor repairs, preventative maintenance, refueling and pre-trip inspections;
- Performs job documentation tasks such as entry into the Work Management System (WMS);
- Provide assistance to public by responding to general inquiries;
- Perform sampling procedures for different types of materials;
- May perform and/or assist in aggregate testing and other types of testing;
- Perform duties related to load tickets such as: tracking the number of loads delivered, verifying accuracy of delivery information, calculating application rate and perform acceptance tests;
- May perform inspection activities;
- Perform construction related activities;
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) or must obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Required to submit to and pass a drug test as a condition of employment;
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds;
- Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting, dragging, stooping, standing and walking for long periods of time;
- Must be able to endure exposure to inclement weather;
- Must have ability to read, write, and communicate clearly;
- Knowledge of construction terminology;
- Basic computer skills;
- Ability to read plans;
- Ability to operate specialty traffic equipment (e.g. bucket trucks, paint equipment, etc.);
- Ability to follow directions and work as part of a team.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role does not provide direct supervision to direct reports.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Four (4) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers eligibility into a discounted medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
If this is an Intermittent position, the position does not offer benefits and is limited to 180 working days in an eleven (11) month continuous period.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer Work for Indiana Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulati…Overview Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) typically services long term care and nursing facilities and is now hiring a Heavy Housekeeper/Floor Tech in your area! HCSG has a custo…Why Work for Curry? If you’re interested in a driving career with one of Eastern Iowa’s largest premier flatbed carriers, then you’ve found the right place. We have a large termina…
Read More & Apply
Find Jobs in Your Area: heavy equipment operator jobs in Florida, heavy equipment operator jobs in Canada, heavy equipment operator jobs in PA, heavy equipment operator jobs in Arizona, heavy equipment operator jobs in Georgia, international heavy equipment operator jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!