Appy Jobs Online! General Manager job openings in Estes Park, CO. Apply to GM jobs, restaurant general manager, assistant general management, hotel general manager, and more.
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Estes Park, CO
APPLICATION PROCESS:Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Melisa Lafon
at . Do notsend your LinkedIn profile. We are only
accepting PDF & Word Document resumes and cover letters. Application Deadline:
January 10, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: The General Manager of YMCA of the Rockies – Estes Park
Center coordinates and directs operations of an 800-room destination resort
adjacent to Rocky Mountain National Park. This mission-based, 100-year-old,
not-for-profit organization is committed to strengthening families, empowering
youth, and providing an inspiring, safe and nurturing environment for social,
military, education, religious and fraternal (SMERF) groups to convene and
families to connect. The primary food outlets are centrally located while the
accommodations are spread out over 860 acres. No alcohol is sold on premises.
While this location operates as a year-round destination, the majority of
demand is for summer and fall months which are often booked up two years in
advance. The operation runs with a base year-round staff of 130, and seasonal
needs are met by employing 1,000 additional staff and volunteers. The majority
of seasonal staff and volunteers live in on-grounds dormitory housing and
receive 3-meals a day through the staff dining hall during the summer months
and the guest dining hall for the rest of the year. In addition to the
traditional demands of leading a dynamic and diverse resort operation, the GM
is also charged with cultivating and maintaining relationships with key donors
and members who support the Association philanthropically.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian
principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an
environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed
to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of ou
members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary
mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
YMCA OF THE ROCKIES EXPERIENCE:
When you work at YMCA of the Rockies, you become part of something bigger than
yourself. The General Manager at Estes Park Center has the opportunity to help
cultivate an environment of healthy living, youth development, community
impact, and staff culture on our breathtaking 860-acre property. This is a
place where nature inspires and staff lead with heart. Our serene surroundings
of Rocky Mountain National Park provide moments of bliss throughout our days
and remind us how blessed we are to grow our careers in such a beautiful place.
With over 150,000 annual guests, you will meet all walks of life and in return,
live each day with a greater sense of purpose. Our board and executive
leadership team are immensely supportive and they will empower you to be a
hospitable and servant leader to all. The work you do here matters help u
serve our mission by playing an integral role in the operations of our
- Build, lead and supervise an effective staff team of department heads.
- Manage the Estes Park Center operations while creating a desirable
culture for guests and staff.
- Develop and implement annual center budget and goals in collaboration
with the department heads.
- Participate as part of the association s leadership team and represen
center to the YMCA Board of Directors.
- Actively maintain positive donor and member relations. Help to identify
and develop potential donors.
- Significantly participate in the development and accountability of long
range planning and goals for the center and the Association.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community leaders
including, but not limited to, those in business, church, nonprofit and
- Maintain high levels of guest service and programming to ensure Mission
delivery to our members, families, groups, youth, staff, and volunteers.
- Plan, prioritize, and oversee capital building projects.
- Negotiate agreements with outside concessionaires for the center, subject
to approval by CEO or CFO.
- Oversee safety program and procedures at the center to provide a safe
experience for guests, campers, staff and volunteers.
- Report center updates and provide proposals as needed to the of the Board
- Must have a bachelor s degree and a minimum of fifteen years manageme
experience in hospitality, camping or conference center operations,
including 5 years of general manager or executive experience.
- Possess (or actively seek) and maintain Organizational Leader
certification through the YMCA of the USA.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver s license, an acceptable
driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to
operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the environment described herein.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect,
Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example,
friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work
practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working
with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- Be able to traverse the property in adverse weather conditions. (ice,
snow, rain, wind, below freezing temperatures.)
- Able to work at a desk for extended periods of time. (sitting, standing,
- Be able to occasionally travel to meet with donors and/or attend
functions and meetings.
- Ability to operate YMCA equipment, such as computer and telephone.
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $125,000 – $150,000 per year
with full benefits including:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA Retirement Plan (An additional 12% of your
salary put into your retirement by the YMCA it’s not taken out of
- Family membership, which gives you access to the YMCA of the Rockies
facilities, including our indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness
classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, an art
center, and more!
- Discounted or free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
Minimum Required Skills: Hospitality Management, General Management in Hospitality, Management of Independent Hotel(s), Maintaining high Guest/Associate satisfaction, Preparing an…If you are a Hotel General Manager with Independent Hotel/Resort management experience, please read on! Located in beautiful, Estes Park, CO, (tucked away in a gorgeous location …Search our comprehensive directory of national and local career opportunities Estes Park, CO Receive Job Notifications You’re Subscribed You will receive notifications fo…
General Manager Jobs available TODAY!
Search General Manager Jobs
In addition to the General Manager jobs in Estes Park, CO, find jobs available in your area, restaurant general manager, assistant general manager, hotel general manager, retail general management, automotive general manager, construction general manager, golf general manager, fitness general manager, careers opportunities at YMCA, and more.