Find jobs in your area! – Financial Analyst, Business Financial System Analyst Job openings in Cedar Rapids, IA, at TrueNorth. Begin your career HERE!
Related Jobs: senior financial analyst jobs, entry-level financial analyst jobs, financial analyst jobs in Boston, financial analyst jobs in Chicago, financial analyst jobs in Houston, Chartered financial analyst jobs, financial analyst jobs in Denver.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
First MainStreet Insurance, a TrueNorth Company, has an opening for a Financial Analyst. The primary function of the Financial Analyst is to prepare and perform analytical work related to annual budgets, monthly forecasts, financial statements and key financial metrics. The position works in a matrix organizational structure that supports First MainStreet (FMSI) divisional Executive Vice Presidents with financial analytics and other operational metrics. This position will also cross-train and performan basic HR functions.
Successful candidates will have the ability to prioritize and manage workload in a fast-paced environment, work independently, consistently meet deadlines, as well as analyze and communicate financial information to disparate audiences.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions:
Planning & Forecasting:
- Develop annual budgets for all operating units within the department. Manage the Analysis, forecasting and reporting of units in order to identify trends, risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Compare monthly results to plan; prepare and forecast relevant financial scorecard information as well as monitor and analyze financial trends and communicate results to leadership.
- Meet with executive management and leadership to identify, discuss and prioritize financial performance vs annual plan. Communicate results both written and verbally.
- Develop process to accurately and timely communicate results with key leaders and recommend improvements to meet key critical indicators.
- Advise decision makers on the appropriate course of action, and present reports to document recommendations. Serve as a team leader/member on cross-departmental initiatives and projects.
Manage & Controls
- Develop and routinely update financial metrics to be used for variable compensation.
- Prepare and facilitate monthly results to FMSI leadership team and local leaders in each location.
- In alignment with payroll, prepare and present bonus and incentive results, as necessary.
- Work cohesively with Data Transition Specialist and Operations to manage data integrity and conversion projects.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as appropriate to assist Operations in quality and reoccuring system issues.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Assist Director of Finance in summarizing agency data in a format that can guide FMSI in their decisions and change management planning.
- Attend M&A meetings and accomplish tasks and projects, as agreed upon with leadership.
- Assist with any HR related paperwork and offer letters to ensure proper alignment with colleagues and budgets.
- Assist Senior Accountant in the transition of payroll.
- Cross train in the basic HR funcations to assist Executive Vice President as necessary.
- Reconcile benefits and payroll to ensure we are collecting the appropriate amounts from colleagues and/or carrier billing is accurate.
- Assist in interviewing and onbaording paperwork as necessary
Required Education & Experience:
- College degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, budgeting, forecasting and/or financial analytics is required
- Must be a problem solver and have the ability to learn from others
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
recblid q2rlu393fbzrfjvgdz03akzf1dkjds Job Family Financial Analysis Job Description Summary Do you have a strong understanding of financial reporting? Do you want to apply that knowledge to Life and Health products? …Date Posted: 2020-01-31-08:00 Country: United States of America Location: HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA At Collins Aerospace, w…Job Description Kelly Services is hiring a Financial Controls Analyst Performs accounting, financial reporting and analysis functions, Responsible for applying financial analysis…
Read More & Apply NOW!
More Financial Analyst Jobs
Find Financial Analyst Job Openings TODAY: Senior Financial Analyst, Sr Financial Analyst, Financial Systems Analyst, Financial Reporting Analyst, Business Financial Analyst.
Search for jobs available TODAY!