Latest Jobs! Expat Tax Advisor – Seasonal job openings in Kansas City, MO. Learn more and apply TODAY!
Job Title: Expat Tax Advisor – Seasonal
Company: H & R Block
Location: Kansas City, MO
What you’ll do…
Become an international tax specialist while working with U.S. taxpayers living in over 150 countries worldwide. By joining the expat team at H&R Block you have the opportunity to play an important role on this unique, specialized, fast-growing international tax practice with the world’s largest tax preparation company.
As a representative of H&R Block Expat Tax Services, you are responsible for developing client relationships and providing high-quality U.S. tax preparation, planning, and audit representation services to U.S. expat clients through a virtual tax platform. The role is a seasonal position (January through October) with year-round employment opportunities for associates who have success in their first year.
- Conduct tax interviews and analyze international tax issues for the purpose of preparing complete and accurate tax returns for U.S. taxpayer clients based in a particular country or grouping of countries. Follow internal guidelines for review and referral of tax returns.
- Provide tax information and feedback to clients as it relates to tax preparation and refer any unresolved client concerns to management.
- Work with client service professional staff to finalize tax returns and provide instruction so client can either file tax returns electronically or mail-in tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service or State DOR.
- Leverage internal resources to research unclear tax issues presented by clients in devoted country/countries.
- Attend robust paid training at the outset of the assignment and participate in ongoing continuing education offered by the company. Develop high-level knowledge of foreign tax and financial systems in devoted country/countries in order to enhance client experience. Read other business and tax publications, as recommended by management.
- Assist in transitioning acquired clients to H&R Block brand. Develop or leverage prior global experience, education, or insights to build rapport and provide a well-rounded service to clients in devoted country/countries.
- Take initiative to seek new clients by asking current clients for referrals and actively develop and execute client acquisition plans.
- Other duties, as assigned.
About H&R Block…
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
It would be even better if you also had…
- CPA, EA, or JD
- Prior experience working with expatriate tax clients
- Prior experience working in a customer service environment
- Foreign language capabilities
What you’ll bring to the team…
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related degree
- One year of tax experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate tax and financial advice clearly and effectively with the public in a variety of situations including but not limited to phone, email and videoconference calls with expat clients.
Expat Tax What you’ll do… H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for Expat Tax Advisors to play an important role on an exciting and rapidly growing new di…H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for Expat Tax Advisors to play an important role on an exciting and rapidly growing new division within the or…What you’ll do… Conduct tax interviews and analyze international tax issues for the purpose of preparing complete and accurate tax returns for U.S. taxpayer clients based in a …