Latest Jobs! – Environmental Engineer, World Bank Jobs in Gainesville, FL, at Golder Associates. Find more job opportunities in your town.
Job Title: Environmental Engineer
Company: Golder Associates
Location: Gainesville, FL
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Inc. has an opening for an Engineer or Scientist to support our air, noise, and environmental consulting practice in the Gainesville, Florida office. In this full-time position the successful candidate will work with Golder scientists and engineers to assist clients in multiple industries, including manufacturing, power generation, oil and gas, pulp & paper, and mining.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage air quality tasks and projects related to air permit applications, Environmental Impact Statements, and Environmental and Social Impact Statements;
- Assess project engineering requirements as they relate to air emissions, develop emission estimates, and perform impact analyses;
- Perform air dispersion modeling using EPA regulated models, such as AERMOD and CALPUFF;
- Review air regulations and perform regulatory interpretations
- Contact regulatory agencies, review state rules related to air quality, and understand state specific air permitting requirements
- Perform noise assessments through field measurements and noise modeling using models such as CADNA;
- Take lead on proposals; assist and take active role in marketing opportunities;
- Assist in regional, national, and international GAI air quality program development, representation and management duties
The minimum requirements of this position include:
- B.S. in Environmental Engineering/Sciences or related field
- 5-10 years of related experience in performing air permitting and air and noise modeling
- Knowledge of air quality regulations and air and noise modeling procedures based on USEPA and international guidelines, such as those developed by the World Bank and International Finance Corporation
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in an unsupervised office environment
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Database (Microsoft Access) and spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) skills
- Possess the necessary skills to communicate within the Golder network contacts, key client contacts, and regulatory agency contacts.
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure – own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view video. At Golder, we thrive on challenges. Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relati…At Golder, we thrive on challenges. Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relati…Employer Golder Location GAINESVILLE,FL Ref Starts Nov 27, 2019 Closes Dec 27, 2019 Job Category Banking & Financial Services Job Type Permanent At Golder, we thriv…
Search for jobs available TODAY!