High-Paying Jobs! – Emergency Medical Technician, Emergency Medical Technician EMT jobs openings in Indianapolis, IN, at Franciscan Health. Start your career HERE!
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Company: Franciscan Health
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Emergency Medical Service
8111 South Emerson Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46237
Available Anytime; Days; Days/Evenings; Days/Nights; Evenings; Evenings/Nights; Holidays; Nights; Rotating; Schedule Varies; Weekends
PRN (As Needed)
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
EMT dedicated to caring for all people
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
It’s a special person who is level headed and competent in an emergency situation able to assess needs and provide medical care immediately based on those needs. You must like a fast paced work environment and be ready for emergency situations that occur at all times of the day and night and the ability to make emergency runs and rapidly prepare for the next call. If this describes you, we need to talk.
Do you have what it takes to provide high quality, emergency medical care? Are you ready to take your emergency medical training to a special place that offers faith-focused, compassionate care? We have a special opportunity waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation, including use of automated external defibrillators in a pre-hospital setting.
- Constantly assess the patient en route to the emergency facility and administer additional care as required.
- Function within the scope of care as defined by state, regional and local regulatory agencies.
- Manage general medical complaints such as altered mental status, respiratory, cardiac and diabetic complaints.
- Report verbally and in writing, the observations and emergency medical care of the patient.
- Restock and replace used linens, blankets, and other supplies.
- Search for medical identification emblems as a guide to appropriate emergency medical care.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Prior experience in an Emergency setting (e.g. ER department or 911 contracted ambulance service).
- Adapt and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Adapt to high volume and high stress areas and multiple clinical settings.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, hardware, and communication devices to perform tasks.
- Basic math skills, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Knowledge of causes and consequences of illness, injuries, and disabilities.
- Convince others in difficult or challenging situations.
- Crises Intervention theory knowledge.
- Customer service skills.
- Emergency Response and Preparedness.
- Follow directions as communicated in a variety of ways.
- Maintain composure, even in very difficult situations.
- Understanding of safety signs, symbols, and labels.
- Show sincere interest in others and their concerns.
- Knowledge of terminology used in diagnosis and classification of illnesses, injuries, and disabilities.
- Strategic thinking.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Specialty Physicians of Illinois, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Specialty Physicians of Illinois, LLC, reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Specialty Physicians of Illinois, LLC, is committed to equal employment opportunity.
NURSING SERVICES Looking to Strengthen your positive impact on patients’ lives, your level of excitement at work, and your compensation? We thrive on change. [So can you!] The role of a…Emergency Medical Service Franciscan Health 8111 South Emerson Avenue Indianapolis, IN 46237 Available Anytime PRN (As Needed); 0.00/week High School Diploma/ GED Require…Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with ov…
Search for jobs available TODAY!