Urgent Jobs! – Dispatcher – 911 Operator, Police 911 Dispatcher Jobs in Pinecrest, FL, at . Check Out NOW!
Related Jobs: police dispatcher jobs, 911 operators jobs, 911 dispatcher jobs in Ohio, 911 dispatcher jobs in Seattle, 911 dispatcher jobs in AZ, and 911 police dispatcher jobs in Washington.
Job Title: Dispatcher – 911 Operator
Location: Pinecrest, FL
General Purpose of Position
Join the Pinecrest Police Department and make a difference!
If you enjoy serving the public and making a difference in the lives of others, then this is the job for you! The Village of Pinecrest is a family-friendly workplace where every employee is valued and appreciated. The 911-Dispatcher provides a valuable service to Pinecrest residents and visitors by delivering professional and time-sensitive information to residents and callers alike as well as communicating vital information to police officers in the field. Become part of this team and work alongside your other nine team members with an average combined tenure of over eight years! This says a lot about our workplace where people love to stay and build their careers and continue to make a difference every day!
NOTE: Please review the job description and the documentation requirements. Your ability to complete the application process as requested will be evaluated and used as one basis for selection decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification.
- Receive and record written and voice messages by telephone and radio via the Computer Aided Dispatching (CAD) system.
- Transmit messages and departmental information by radio to personnel in the field.
- Maintain records of all assigned units as to location, availability, and type of equipment via the Computer Aided Dispatching system.
- Maintain files on wanted persons, missing, or lost persons, stolen vehicles, and related information used in disseminating information to field units.
- Operate computer terminal and originate input information, such as stolen articles and requests for information via National Criminal Information Center and Florida Criminal Information Center.
- Furnish field units with computer data as requested.
- Dispatch all calls for service including Police and medical 911 emergencies via the Village of Pinecrest and Miami-Dade County Fire/Rescue CAD Systems.
- Assist the public by greeting citizens when they enter the station and answer informational requests.
- Take telephone complaints from citizens and direct the information to the proper person within the department.
- Ability to obtain the required Dispatch Medical Priority and CPR certifications.
- Ability to attend a public safety telecommunications training program consisting of a minimum of 232 hours of training and pass the state examination for certification.
- Ability to maintain flexibility in duty hours to meet departmental staffing needs. Ability to work and remain in a confined space while on duty.
- Ability to get along with others and work effectively with the public and fellow workers.
- Perform related work as assigned by the Police Chief or a designee.
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be fluent in the English language. Ability to communicate in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Three (3) years experience in the performance of general administrative and clerical work.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office, or similar word processing programs.
- Ability to type at least 30 words per minute.
- Ability to meet and deal with the public in an effective and courteous manner.
- Ability to perform several tasks at one time.
- Must possess or be able to obtain 911 emergency medical priority and CPR certifications; attend other required training and obtain required certifications.
- Must be flexible in duty hours to meet departmental staffing requirements as needed due to variable work schedules, including working overtime hours.
- Applicants must complete all requirements established by the Village of Pinecrest for employment. This may include, but not limited to, a written examination, typing test, psychological screening to determine suitability for position, polygraph examination, comprehensive background investigation, and a job-related medical examination including a drug/alcohol screening test.
- Must be a non-smoker.
- The minimum requirements may be waived by the Village Manager.
The Village of Pinecrest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
- Applicants must download and complete the (click on link):
. NOTE: This package cannot be completed online. * Use the Checklist included with the supplemental package to determine which documents are applicable to you. If the Checklist states “required”, the document MUST be submitted to the Village of Pinecrest.
- Submit the complete supplemental package including the Checklist either in person or via US Mail to the address below within ten (10) business days of submitting your online application. DO NOT UPLOAD ANY DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
The Human Resources Office is open Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
Village of Pinecrest
Human Resources Office
12645 Pinecrest Parkway
Pinecrest, FL 33156 Nature of Work THIS RECRUITMENT IS A SUPPLEMENTAL POSTING TO THE ORIGINAL RECRUITMENT. APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED AND WERE DEEMED INELIGIBLE, BUT MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS LISTED…Nature of Work THIS RECRUITMENT IS A SUPPLEMENTAL POSTING TO THE ORIGINAL RECRUITMENT. APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED AND WERE DEEMED INELIGIBLE, BUT MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS LISTED…Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on …
Learn more and Apply TODAY!
Find 911 Dispatcher Jobs in Your Area: information police dispatcher careers, 911 operators jobs, 911 dispatcher jobs in Seattle, latest 911 dispatcher jobs in AZ, and urgent 911 police dispatcher jobs in Washington, and 911 dispatcher jobs available in Ohio.
Search for jobs available TODAY!