Jobs available TODAY! – Director, Network Planning and Engineering, Business Mangement Director of Engineering Jobs in Washington DC, at OneWeb. More entry-level jobs.
Job Title: Director, Network Planning and Engineering
Location: Washington DC
OneWeb’s mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
***No visa sponsorship available for this position***
The Director Network Planning Engineering is accountable for OneWeb’s Production IP Planning, Backhaul Design, Network Traffic Optimizations, IP Traffic Engineering and Peering strategy. OneWeb is building a low latency network, and our global peering and Wide Area Networks are the foundation to achieve this goal. We are looking for the individual to bring in novel approaches and strategic vision to building a Global IP Network and enable OneWeb to be Internet Service Provider. As the lead for the IP Network Engineering a significant portion of the role will be the Design of OneWeb’s Production Global IP Network.
You will have a blend of commercial and technical knowledge including a deep understanding of the building Global IP Networks Backbone, Global peering eco-system, CDN traffic contracts, traffic delivery points, broad knowledge of the Global IP markets & Regional IXPs. You will build and scale one of the world’s largest and complex global terrestrial IP network across 50 countries. In addition, you bring in expertise in complex pricing and financial analysis, vendor relations and Network and backhaul cost negotiation.
– Design Global IP Production Network backbone architecture providing high availability, seamless data connectivity between the OneWeb Satellite Network Access Portals (Teleports), globally located PoPs, and our Network Operations Centers
– Global IP Traffic Engineering to ensure low latency
– Develop IP Capacity modeling & Backbone simulation tools
– Develop solutions to ensure optimized cost of production and great customer experience through effective leverage of caching, ISP(s) integration, smart content management, routing, analytics, cloud and virtualization
– Ensure appropriate financial analysis for Global Capacity procurement
– Selection of Network Global Data Center and PoPs
– Determines requirements and SLAs for a global network based on requirements and interface documents from other teams to meet their needs, including other network segments, management, and security teams
– Work with other organizations and disciplines including engineering, business management, marketing, and sales
Required Skills and Experience:
– BS in Network Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline, MS preferred
– In depth knowledge of routing protocols such as IS-IS, OSPF, IPv6, Multicasting, HSRP, BGP as well as use of MPLS, Domain Name Service policies, DHCP, AAA and Address management
– In depth knowledge of L2/L3 Network Designs, Metro Ethernet products & solutions as defined by MEF.
– Must have in-depth knowledge on Knowledge in network security best practices; develop and maintain Security IP Networks, Firewall, IPS and Filtering policies
– Experience with network modeling and verifying design for capacity.
– Experience overseeing test, integration and deployment of the network after the design phase
– Demonstrated ability to decompose organizational and system level needs into architectures and implementations that result in efficient and secure networks
– Strong presentation skills with ability to tailor style to specific audience types; experience presenting to customers and external audiences in addition to technical staff
– A minimum of 15 – 20 years of experience in telecommunications preferably with a Tier 1/2 ISP or Service provider ISP, MSO, or another carrier centric environment.
– At least 10 years of technology leadership experience supporting a large, geographically distributed network ISP infrastructure.
– At least 10 years’ experience in architecting reliable and high-performing networks; integrating LAN, WAN, Internet, intranet components, deploying IP networks on a global / National level taking network security and operations into consideration
– At least 10 years of experience with network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on large IP and Ethernet networks including datacenter, and cloud implementations
– Technical certifications such as CCIE or JNCIE are required Responsible for architecture, engineering and for the overall performance and availability of our Core Network LAN and Property environments. This role is accountable for establish…Business Group Highlights Civilian, State and Local Perspecta’s Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide…Responsibilities Manages the staff and overall activities of network and/or telecommunications systems planning, engineering and operations. Ensures operational security and readi…
Read More HERE!
More Engineering Job Opportunities
In addition to the Director, Network Planning and Engineering, you also might be interested in the other related jobs, covering software engineering director jobs, urgent project director engineering jobs, director mechanical technical jobs, electrical engineering jobs, biomedical engineering careers, aeronautical engineer jobs, latest engineering director job vacancies in UK, and engineering management job openings.
Search for jobs available TODAY!