Jobs available TODAY! – Dietitian, Healthcare Dietitian Jobs in New York City, NY, at NYC Health + Hospitals. Learn more and apply NOW!
Related Jobs: registered dietitian jobs, clinical dietitian jobs, sports dietitian jobs, online dietitian jobs, research dietitian jobs, bariatric dietitian jobs, diabetes dietitian jobs, wellness dietitian jobs, work home dietitian job, nutrition dietetics jobs, and nutrition jobs.
Job Title: Dietitian
Company: NYC Health + Hospitals
Location: New York City, NY
EMPOWER EVERY NEW YORKER WITHOUT EXCEPTION TO LIVE THE HEALTHIEST LIFE POSSIBLE
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is attuned to the healthcare issues that matter to the people of North Brooklyn. Woodhull focuses on preventing disease and promoting healthy lifestyles by reaching out to the community at 15 convenient locations. Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a non-smoking facility.
- Document physical and social data in the WIC files.
- Develop, monitor & evaluate nutrition education and outreach plans.
- Determines applicants’ medical and nutritional eligibility and provide nutritional education classes.
- Develops, implements and evaluates lesson plans for group and individual activities.
- Completes and maintains participant’s file.
- Determines patient nutritional status and needs, interview patient’s families and/or significant others nutritional history (food habits and preference).
- Interprets pertinent laboratory values.
- All other duties as needed and/or required for program.
_For appointment to Assignment Level I_
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Dietetics or Foods and Nutrition in a program approved by the American Dietetic Association (ADA); or,
- Registration or eligibility for registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian or New York State Certification as a Dietitian-Nutritionist.
- Language Competencies: Spanish preferred.
_For appointment to Assignment Level II_
- Registration or eligibility for registration by the CDR as a Registered Dietitian or New York State Certification as a Dietitian-Nutritionist.
_For appointment to Assignment Levels III and IV_
- Registration by the CDR as a Registered Dietitian or New York State Certification as a Dietitian-Nutritionist.
Special Note for Dietitians assigned to Post-Acute Care (Long-Term Care) facility:
Under the Medicare and Medicaid Programs, Reform of Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities, as outlined in Section483.60 of Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations all newly-hired Dietitians, Levels I-IV assigned to a Post-Acute Care (Long-Term Care) facility, are required to have New York State Certification, issued by the New York State Education Department (NYSED), as a Dietitian-Nutritionist at the time of hire. Dietitians, Levels I-IV hired prior to November 28, 2016, assigned to a Post-Acute Care (Long-Term Care) facility are required to obtain New York State Certification, issued by the NYSED, as a Dietitian-Nutritionist on or before November 28, 2021. Morrison Community Living, a member of Compass Group®, is the nation’s only company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition & wellness, EVS and hospitality services to t…Minimum Qualifications Current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Dietetic Technician, Registered or Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registere…Plans, directs and evaluates administrative and clinical aspects ofnutritional care for patients. Provides nutrition assessment, care planning and education for individual patients…
Read More and Apply NOW!
Find More Dietitian Jobs
Find job opening in your city: dietitian jobs in Ontario, dietitian jobs in Melbourne, dietitian jobs in Houston, dietitian jobs in Columbus Ohio, and dietitian jobs in Canada, diabetes dietitian jobs in UK, and corporate dietitian job in USA.
Job Suggestions: Registered Dietitian, Clinical Dietitian, Dietitian PRN, Consultant Dietitian, Dietitian Part Time.
Search for jobs available TODAY!