Browse and apply urgent jobs here – Corporate Accounting Manager, Corporate Accounting Manager Job openings in Salisbury, MD, at Perdue Farms. View more and Apply NOW!
Job Title: Corporate Accounting Manager
Company: Perdue Farms
Location: Salisbury, MD
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 06:50:38 GMT
Perdue Farms is a family-owned food and agriculture company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. We were founded on trust—a value that carries through everything we do. Perdue Foods is a leader in Premium Proteins and Perdue AgriBusiness ranks among the top US grain companies.
The Corporate Accounting Manager will work closely with the Vice President, Corporate Controller, and Senior Manager to lead Perdue’s financial reporting and technical accounting functions. The financial reporting function will include duties relating to closing the books: leading the General Ledger department, coordinating the monthly closing process, preparing consolidated financial statements, and completing balance sheet reconciliations. This function will also include duties relating to external reporting: assisting with the coordinating the annual audit, preparing the US GAAP audited financial statements and related footnotes, preparing the annual report and related Management Discussion and Analysis, and quarterly stakeholder reporting. The duties of the technical accounting function will include assisting with technical interpretation and application of US GAAP accounting practices for Perdue Farms and its subsidiaries and implementation of new accounting principles. Reporting to the Senior Manager the incumbent must exhibit strong leadership traits, communication skills and initiative, and business, financial and operations expertise.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Financial Reporting Functions:
- Manage accounting staff including hiring, training, and developing to ensure all services are accurate, on time, and at least cost.
- Maintain the integrity of SAP/BPC systems.
- Coordinate the Company’s period closing processes and perform period end closing activities including account reconciliation, journal entry preparation, and other ad hoc reporting.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements on a month-to-date and year-to-date basis (balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement), including consolidating balance sheet and income statements by business.
- Prepare and analyze quarterly reporting packages for stakeholders including Audit Committee schedules, Management’s Discussion & Analysis (MD&A), balance sheet analysis and consolidated bridge schedules
- Coordinate the annual consolidated financial and employee benefit plan audits including coordinating the preparation of the associated financial statements and footnotes.
- Complete various year-end audit analyses, schedules, financial statement footnotes and ad-hoc information used to create the Company’s audited financial statements and annual report.
Technical Accounting Functions:
- Perform US GAAP research and preparation of accounting position whitepapers.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of, and compliance with, business and accounting processes and procedures related to new accounting principles.
- Ensure Perdue remains compliant with ASC 815 (Derivatives) including documenting, testing and validation of hedge accounting, where appropriate.
- Prepare annual impairment assessments including goodwill and intangible assets.
- Develop training and assessment of new and proposed US GAAP changes that will impact Perdue. This includes engaging with various colleagues our external auditors and consultants as needed.
- Continuously evaluate and recommend “best practice” methodology to ensure compliance with US GAAP in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Minimum Education and Experience
REQUIRED: BS/BA degree (Accounting or Accounting Concentration) plus at least 5 years of related experience. Must have GAAP knowledge and external reporting background.
PREFERRED: MBA, CPA or CMA and SAP Financials experience a plus
5 plus years experience in poultry accounting or analysis role with thorough knowledge of AgriStats. Must possess superior analytical ability while at the same time able to explain complicated data to associates at all levels of the organization. Strategic thinking skills are also required as well as excellent presentation and communication skills. Advanced Excel skills experience required.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Perdue Farms is a family-owned food and agriculture company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. We were founded on trust—a value that carries through everyth…Job Description Summary This position plays an integral role as part of the Store Management Team. This role has the responsibility of management and supervision of all associates …Division STORE Job Description Responsible for assisting with all operational tasks within the store as delegated and assigned by the Store Manager with main focus on the fro…
You also might be interested in the following jobs: Corporate Accounting Manager Jobs, accounting office manager careers, finance accounting manager jobs, revenue account manager full-time jobs, and accounting manager supervisor part-time jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!