Apply Online NOW! Construction Superintendent job openings in Saint Louis, MO. Apply to Commercial Construction Superintendent, Traveling Superintendent, Land Development Superintendent, and more.
Job Title: Construction Superintendent
Company: EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions, Inc.
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Scope of Job:
The Construction Superintendent provides on-site coordination for all phases of solar, solar+storage, and EV charging station construction projects, including managing and coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. The Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and project site safety. The Superintendent also coordinates among Company project stakeholders, including engineering, design, procurement, construction, and O&M (Operations and Maintenance) teams. The Superintendent reports to the Project Manager or Director of Project Management.
Project coordination, supervision, and management, including the following:
- Schedule and supervise all on-site and (as assigned) off-site subcontractors, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their completion of work within time allowed; and assure that all project work by each subcontractor and all materials supplied by any vendor fully complies with project plans, the subcontractor’s contracted scope of work or applicable specifications, applicable laws and permits, utility requirements, and applicable codes, including the National Electric Code.
- Ensure safe work practices including OSHA standards, company safety programs and policies relative to the installation of these systems. Enforce safety standards established by the client and the company to manage risk and achieve safety and health goals of no incidents and no lost time due to injury and no property damage.
- Review, interpret, and assure work complies with design drawings, product literature, interconnection agreements, model codes and regulations, communicate deviations from requirements or plans with the project team (i.e., Project Manager, Program Director, VP Engineering and Construction) for resolution, prior to execution of work that deviates from the requirements or approved plans.
- Manage project to meet or exceed construction industry practices, processes and standards
- Establish and enforce project site schedule, safety, and quality control programs to ensure timely and quality completion of construction without incidents.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions and utilities, including coordination of construction and interconnection activities with interconnecting utility.
- Represent the Company as a project site representative to the project stakeholders including client, utility, authorities having jurisdiction, and community members. Interact with integrity, always displaying a professional appearance and attitude.
- Maintain daily log (written) of, and regularly communicate to supervisors activities on the project site.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple project sites, simultaneously, as assigned.
- Walk all project sites daily (or as assigned) to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
- Preside over regular (weekly or daily) subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Ensure that each project site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- If requested, assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts; assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Open project site at beginning of the day and secure project site at the end of the day (or assign qualified individuals to open and close project site with supervisor approval).
Supervision of Others:
Provide direction to, manage, supervise, and resolve problems among multiple (up to 20 per project) project subcontractors and vendors. Qualifications:
- High school diploma; some college course work.
- College degree: desired
- Minimum five years’ experience as a Construction Superintendent and/or seven years as an Electrical Superintendent
- NABCEP certification desired or ability and willingness to achieve certification
- Electrical license or enrollment in a state licensing program preferred
- Construction supervisor’s license: preferred where applicable
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required
- Safety training (OSHA 10-Houror 30-Hour certification)
- First Aid/CPR training
- Advanced knowledge of commercial electrical design and construction practices. Read, interpret and manage construction contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial and/or industrial building systems
- Computer skills including MS Office 365
- Project management software, with ability to manage files, create and update reports and schedules
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA construction safety requirements
- Planning, scheduling, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Very good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with project team and make recommendations and decisions
- Ability to supervise, lead and train others
- Knowledge and safe use of electrical testing and metering equipment
- Controls, communications and low voltage experience preferred
- The employee must have the endurance and ability to visit entire project site, including standing, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and using or accessing stairs or other elevated structures.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to cold, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Working Conditions:This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors, with approximately 30% of time spent indoors (site trailer) utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment, and 70% of time spent outside on the project site(s). Frequent travel required to project sites and Company offices. Short- and long-term (6-9 months) stays at project site locations which may be outside of the employee’s home state are required. Travel policy provides for biweekly, weekend rotations home. Weekend and holiday work may be required to meet construction deadlines.
Location:This is a traveling position for short- and long-term solar construction projects located throughout the continental United States. Initial assignments will be located in the Richwoods, Green City, and Utica, Missouri areas.
Reasonable Accommodations:Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplaceand perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Raineri Construction is a full service general building contractor specializing in design build construction. Raineri provides turnkey project development services and comprehensiv…Who you are: A client-focused leader in onsite management of hotel renovations. A hotel renovation/construction expert with an ability to negotiate every angle of daily operatio…St. Louis area general contractor looking for Superintendents to oversee upcoming pipeline of local work in the multifamily, education, and commercial markets. Role is open due to …
Construction Superintendent Jobs available TODAY!
Search Construction Superintendent Jobs
Find more Construction Superintendent jobs available in your area. Search for jobs in Saint Louis, MO, Rigging Construction Superintendent, Traveling Construction Superintendent, Land Development Superintendent Buiding Superintendent, Retail Construction Superintendent, job opportunities at EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions, Inc., and more.