Jobs in your area! – Child Care Teacher Assistant, School College Assistant Teacher Jobs in Rockville, MD, at Montgomery College. Start your new job today.
Job Title: Child Care Teacher Assistant
Company: Montgomery College
Location: Rockville, MD
Montgomery College, Germantown Campus, has an immediate need for a FT Child
Care Teacher Assistant, Positon #S13300. The work schedule is Monday
Friday, 9:30am to 6:00pm. Position is Bargaining, non-exempt, grade 15. For
non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution.
Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to
student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic
programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional
education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are
integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated
professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
The Child Care Teacher Assistant supports the implementation of developmentally
appropriate activities for children enrolled in the classroom at the child care
center. This role will implement the lessons and guide children through various
learning activities. Interact with children, to give direction and reinforce
teaching concepts. Receive instructions from management and provide input on
student performance to provide feedback.
Plan and implement a high quality, developmentally appropriate, early childhood
program and curriculum
- Collaborates with teaching team to provide developmentally appropriate
curriculum that meets the needs of small groups and individual children.
- Facilitates the learning environment.
- Guides, supervises, observes and evaluates children on an ongoing basis
in order to drive curriculum.
Maintain a clean and safe environment that meets College Standards and MSDE
- Follow proper employee/child ratios.
- Follows diapering, toileting, hand washing, emergency preparedness, food
handling, family style, mealtime and sanitation protocols.
- Cares for sick or ill children.
- Maintains current CPR and first aid certifications.
- Maintains current personal health records.
- Administers medications and topical applications according to MSDE OCC
Enhance communication and community outreach
- Communicates with children, coworkers, families, consultants, MC
community, and other stakeholders in a timely and professional manner on
a daily basis.
- Communicates through face to face and telephone conversations, e-mail,
written correspondence, newsletters, family and employee information
- Assists in employee, family, and volunteer orientation and mentoring.
- Posts and informs employees and volunteers of children’s and employees
allergies and medical conditions.
- Completes weekly lesson plans, reports, observations, incident reports,
and other documentation.
- Updates and keeps accurate records.
Facilities operations and maintenance
- Works a flexible schedule dependent upon center needs, including
occasional evening and weekend duties.
- Maintains and organizes inventory of materials and supplies.
- Cleans and sanitizes instructional materials, facility, storage and
outdoor areas and equipment.
- Addresses facility issues in a timely manner.
- Opens or closes facility daily dependent upon center needs.
- Maintains current children’s and employee files: emergency contact
information, medical records, custody orders, trainings, certifications
and participation in the Maryland Child Care Credential program.
- Submits complete and accurate documentation to MSDE, NAEYC and PAS.
- Maintains MSDE OCC licensing and NAEYC accreditation training
- Maintains current infant, child, and adult CPR and first aid
- Participates in in-service training, employee meetings, MC required
- Participates in professional networking opportunities.
- Assist with recruiting, advertising, and enrollment as needed.
- Assist with the oversight and management of educational opportunities for
students who are visiting and/or working at the Center for Early
- Assist with management of the CEE as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United
States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Associate s degree required or an equivalent combination of education
training and experience providing an understanding of the field to meet
minimum standards and the ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Six semester hours or 90 hours of equivalent approved pre-employment
training, or Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA).
- Nine hours of approved pre-service training in communicating with staff
- One year of experience in a licensed program working with children ages
- Current first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certifications.
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull light to medium weight objects with
or without assistance, as well as, squat, walk, bend, crouch, stoop,
kneel, stand, grasp, reach, pull and perform repetitive motions
- Associates degree
- Apply online at
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays,
medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development,
retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and
dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Open Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call
or send an email to:
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and
staff. Summary The Assistant Teacher supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve th…Summary The Assistant Teacher supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve th…KinderCare Education is the nation’s leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong learners. From our…
Read More Details
More Educational Teaching Job Opportunities
In addition to the Child Care Teacher Assistant, you also might be interested in the other related jobs, including art teacher jobs, science teacher careers, latest primary school teacher jobs, history teacher jobs, day care assistant teacher job opportunities, preschool assistant teacher jobs, chemistry teacher jobs, preschool assistant teacher jobs, urgent early childhood teacher jobs, part time assistant teacher jobs, and special education teacher job vacancies.
Job Suggestions: Preschool Teacher Assistant, Part Time Teacher Assistant, Assistant Infant Teacher, Toddler Assistant Teacher.
Search for jobs available TODAY!