NEW – Chief Finance Officer (CFO), Director of Finance, CFO Chief Financial Officer Jobs in Juneau, AK, at . View more details.
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
Location: Juneau, AK
The Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE) is seeking a Chief Finance Officer (CFO) who will support both the Alaska Student Loan Corporation (ASLC) and the Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE). The CFO plans, develops, and provides leadership and management for the agency finance division, including the accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, contracting, and investment performance evaluation functions of the Corporation. The CFO directly participates in the management of ACPE and ASLC by performing and/or overseeing special assignments of major significance to the accomplishment of Corporation and Commission goals.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops, implements and directs accounting policy and procedures to ensure ASLC compliance with GAAP and adherence with accounting and financial reporting requirements of financing-related agreements
- Proposes annual interest rates for ASLC loan products
- Oversees the issuance of debt and related financing activity, including the investment of proceeds and other monies
- Develops financial forecasts and models
- Leads the agency’s Finance Division, including supervising professional, technical and support staff
- Ensures compliance with IRS regulations to maintain bond issue tax-exempt status
- Plans, develops and oversees operating and capital budgets for the Commission and Corporation Boards
- Serves on agency general and senior management teams; acts as Executive Director when that position is not available
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Financial analysis techniques and applications
- Management theories, principles and techniques
- Accounting theories and practice
- Budgeting theories and principles
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) rulings and pronouncements
- Finance and investment concepts
- Investment management
- Procurement management
- Cash management
- Personnel management
- Computer operations, systems software, information storage and retrieval techniques and methods particularly as applied to accounting and investment functions
- Interpreting and complying with federal Internal Revenue Service regulations,
- Interpreting and complying with state statutes, regulations, rules, procedures and practices,
- Applying accounting and management theories, practices and techniques
- Writing business correspondence, testimony, executive summaries, reports, requests for proposals and contracts
- Negotiating and administering contracts
- Gathering facts and information; conducting research and analysis; developing recommendations
- Strategic planning and goal setting
- Evaluating program effectiveness
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, including the ability to articulate complex financial information to the Corporation Board of Directors, the
- Commission, the Legislature, the Governor’s Office and external advisors
- Reconcile, analyze, interpret and understand the statistical significance and interrelationships of financial data.
- Construct and review complex spreadsheets.
- Analyze systems and procedures, assess them critically, make recommendations for changes, and implement changes.
recblid wt3xufthkj1djytn0ujxh9f2dm5v88 University of Alaska Southeast Chancellor Search The University of Alaska Southeast (“UAS”) invites applications and nominations for the position of Chancellor. The position rep…Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home. By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatn…Job Description ATTENTION ALASKA RESIDENTS! The Department of Revenue Administrative Services Division is recruiting for an Accounting Technician III in Juneau! The position i…
View More and Apply TODAY!
More Financial Job Opportunities
In addition to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), you also might be interested in the other related jobs, including CFO chief financial officer job description, chief financial officer salary, chief financial management jobs available in New York, assistant chief financial officer careers, hospital chief financial officer job vacancies, latest construction chief financial officer jobs, chief financial director jobs in Omaha, chief financial officer job openings in Las Vegas, chief financial officer food beverage industry jobs, and corporate finance director jobs.
Search for jobs available TODAY!