Appy Jobs Online! – Aviation Safety Inspector, AC Operations Geo, FedEx CMO, FedEx Jobs Careers in Memphis, TN, at Federal Aviation Administration. Apply for FedEx jobs hiring now!
Job Title: Aviation Safety Inspector, AC Operations Geo, FedEx CMO
Company: Federal Aviation Administration
Location: Memphis, TN
– High School Diploma or GED
– Pilot License
– Federal Aviation Regulations
– Driver’s License
Is responsible for a geographic program within the Comprehensive Surveillance Plan (CSP) of an CMO and for the performance of operations inspections on and surveillance (may include certification activities and other assignments as requested by the principal inspector) of the air carrier operating under the 14 CFR part 121.
Learn more about this agency
Has the primary responsibility for the geographic program for his/her specialization for the assigned inspections. Continuously incorporates a systems approach that is targeted to identify risks based on a comprehensive surveillance plan. Participates as a team member in development of the CSP. Ensures that the air carrier is properly and adequately organized, staffed and equipped; has and conducts an adequate training program, including an acceptable record keeping system; and has facilities and procedures: that meet all regulatory requirements. Visits the air carrier’s stations and other offices to maintain contact with their local top management officials and coordinates with the principal inspector for correction of any deficiencies or discrepancies.
Processes enforcement actions and prepares final reports and recommendations on disposition. Performs or supervises the revocation and emergency suspension of certificates. Conducts or directs the reexamination of certificated airmen. Provides expert advice on critical characteristics of part 121. Conducts investigations of public complaints, congressional inquiries, and aircraft incidents and accidents. Provides verbal and/or written technical assistance to legal counsel, testifies at court trials and formal hearings, and gives depositions.
25% or less – The job may require up to 25% travel.
Conditions of Employment
US Citizenship is required.
Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
Must submit an SF50 (See Required Documents)
Applicants MUST submit all required certificates (See Required Documents)
Applicants must meet the minimum eligibility requirements for an Aviation Safety Inspector in the 1825 series as outlined in the OPM qualification standards. The minimum eligibility requirements for this position are below or may be found on the following link:
1. Not more than two separate incidents involving Federal aviation regulations violations in the last 5 years;
2. Valid State driver’s license;
3. Fluency in the English language;
4. No chemical dependencies or drug abuse that could interfere with job performance; and 5. High school diploma or equivalent.
Medical Requirements: Applicants must be physically able to perform the duties of the Aviation Safety Inspector
position in a safe and efficient manner, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The minimum medical
requirements include the following requirements:
1. Have good distant vision in each eye and be able to read, without strain, printed materials the size of typewritten characters (glasses and contact lenses permitted);
2. Have the ability to hear the conversational voice (hearing aid permitted); and
3. Not have any physical condition that would cause them to be a hazard to themselves or others that would interfere with their ability to fly as passengers in a variety of aircraft.
In ition, applicants for positions that require participation in the operation of the aircraft must:
1. Possess a valid second – class medical certificate in accordance with FAA regulations; and
2. Pass recurrent medical examinations as prescribed by the FAA.
Applicants not requiring valid second-class medical certificates who are tentatively selected will be required to:
1. Provide documentation from a board-certified physician certifying that they meet the minimal medical requirements;
2. Individuals who do not meet the minimum medical requirements but who are otherwise qualified will receive an individualized assessment to determine whether they can perform the essential functions of the position.
In ition to meeting the minimum requirements, applicants for the FG-13 level must have one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression (FG-12 or Pay Band H), as an Aviation Safety Inspector, Air Carrier (Operations) 1825.
Applicants for Aviation Safety Inspector, Air Carrier (Operations) positions must meet all of the following requirements.
1. At least 1 year of pilot experience in multi-engine aircraft of more than 12,500 pounds maximum certificated takeoff weight.
2. Not more than 2 flying accidents during the last 5 years in which the applicant’s pilot error was involved.
3. Professional flying skill as demonstrated in a simulator check to Airline Transport Pilot Standard.
4. Minimum 100 flight hours during the last 3 years.
5. Airline Transport Pilot Certificate or Commercial Pilot Certificate with instrument airplane rating. 6. Minimum 1,500 total flight hours.
(Recency of specialized experience is waived for current FAA employees in the 1825 series, if applicable.)
Examples of Specialized Experience include:
– Ensuring surveillance of pilot and flight engineer examiners, pilots and flight engineer check airmen and company training programs.
– Conducting enforcement investigations.
– Evaluating and monitoring air carrier and ground training.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement For Lateral Movements between 1825 Specialties: To assist in determining qualification requirements, applicants transferring between specialties at the same grade level are strongly encouraged to complete the appropriate Qualifications Assessment Tool (QAT) check sheet and upload it along with their resume. Check sheets are contained in Order 3410.26, Flight Standards Service Air Carrier and General Aviation Qualifications Assessment Tool for AFS Aviation Safety Inspectors found using this link.
Preview Job Questionnaire
Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
Ingrade/Downgrade applications will be accepted.
All or none of the candidates may be interviewed.
As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements.
As an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA. In your work history on your resume, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA.
Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability.
No Promotion Potential.
Financial Disclosure required.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
No Help Duties Summary ASI – ASAP Program Manager ACO Learn more about this agency Responsibilities The Aviation Safety Action Program Manager Air Carrier Operations is as…Help Duties Summary Is responsible for a geographic program within the Comprehensive Surveillance Plan (CSP) of an CMO and for the performance of operations inspections on an…Help Duties Summary Securing Travel, Protecting People – At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American …
Read More & Apply NOW!
FedEx Job Openings Suggestions: FedEx Warehouse, Package FedEx, FedEx Package Handler, FedEx Packaging, FedEx Handler
Search for jobs available TODAY!